JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 JKU - horn and all steering wheel mounted buttons quit a few weeks ago. Tried all fuses, found no bad ones. Upon replacing the horn fuses (L and R), it will now beep at random, running or not. And not intermittent beeps, always just one loooong one, until I take the fuses out. That happens if I use the lock/unlock on the key fob or anytime I open any of the doors. I've left the horn fuses out for the last week and now the steering wheel buttons work (radio, cruise etc). So everything else was fine, I just had no horn.
Put the horn fuses back in yesterday and it started up fine, everything worked, but still no horn when I tried pushing the steering wheel - although it will beep if you use the lock/unlock on the key fob or the alarm button. Got in this morning and now it won't start. I just get a clicking (solenoid?) sound. Tried putting the horn fuses back and same thing, horn goes off anytime you open a door or use the key fob, and it won't start. So I've left the horn fuses out, lest I go insane from the noise!
But it still won't start. Electrical issue, relay issue? Any ideas?

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts