JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 JK that I put larger tires on. I used an AEV programmer to adjust the speedometer. At the same time I turned off the tire monitoring system. Now that I did that my horn does not work and the cruise control is intermittent. Does the TPS need to be on in order for the horn to work?

Side Note: Before I reprogrammed it the horn worked fine and the cruise was intermittent. I could reset the cruise by honking the horn three times. However, since horn does not work this fix does not work any more.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
My horn quit when the clock spring went out

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Use the programmer to set it back to what you had and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
it is the clockspring and jeep just sent out letters saying they have like a 15 year warranty on clock springs now so take it in. cant remember the exact length of warranty but any jk of any year will be covered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I was going to try changing everything back but didn't know if I would make things worse or not. So I will reprogram it back to the original settings and report back.

Do anyone have the tech service bulletin number for the clockspring?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I reset everything back to factory and the horn did not work. When I programmed everything back in the horn never beeped to show that it accepted the reprograming. I know it the program mods as the low tire pressure warning light is off. It was on when I cleared everything.
So based on the comments above the next thing I should do is replace the clock spring. I will let you if that fixes it or not.

Side note: The AEV control module had no instructions on how to do the reset. After some searching on the web I found that to do a total RESET DIP switches 1-3 are up and 4-9 are down.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just a side note on the cruise control, I've replaced my switch twice already in my 08. Something in the switch seems to go bad after a while. I've also replaced my clock spring twice but the cruise control issue wasn't related to the bad clock springs.

·
Registered
915 Posts
This is what fails in the CC stalk.

My new switch is starting to act up too. I believe if you aren't ginger with it every time you hit/push/pull on the stalk it over travels and stresses that internal tit. Eventually failing.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I took mine apart and all seems functional, nothing appeared to be broken and it didn't make a funny noise. I just haven't gotten around to testing for continuity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts