JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RockHard 4x4 winch bumper on order that deletes my factory fog lights. I plan on hooking up my OEM fog wiring to a 20" LED light bar.. I know people hook them up to Duallys and D2's all day long, but has anyone done a larger size light bar? any issues or problems?
(i obviously do NOT plan on using it on the street or when other traffic is present, lol)

feedback would be appreciated, thanks!!

- Paul

· Registered
11,420 Posts
Not really a direct answer, but if you do a little leg-work, you'll have a pretty certain answer.

Whatever manufacture for the LED bar should have a spec sheet for it, look at the current draw for the bar.

Then look up the current draw for the fog lights. You can go off voltage and wattage. I want to say the stock fogs are around 40w each, using 12v [engine off] you can figure the current draw using Watt's law. Where Power [watts] = V [voltage] * I [current]. So P/V = I, so 40/12 = 3.33a * 2 [2 fogs] = 6.7amps.

Using a random 20" LED bar off Rigids site, that one apparently uses 4.8a. So that'd "work" fine IMO.

...or just use a relay using the factory fog wiring to the 85 & 86 terminals and you're good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.