JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
jim
were do i input the "jkowners" code at ?? at check out??
Thanks paul
I can answer this, Since i had the same questions!

Yes.

Enter your CC and in the next step the Promo code box is on the bottom.

I cant wait to get home and install this!

Thanks again JimP

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
New coupon

jim
were do i input the "jkowners" code at ?? at check out??
Thanks paul
Paul, Big A is right. Thanks, Big A! It shows up after you enter your credit card number. However, if you are ordering only the TailGate Strut, I didn't have a coupon in there for that. It was associated with the HoodLift or Combo package. I just added a coupon for the TailGate Strut as well. It's .... tailgate ..... The only place, so far, you can find that info is here on this forum.

Jim

· Registered
429 Posts
We expired the savings coupon for now in favor of supporting a new vendor for the HoodLift product, Jason at http://www.rjroffroad.com/. His prices are very competitive and ordering from him is easy. Try it, you'll like it!
Thanks Jim!

FYI all the Hoodlift kits are now listed on the front page of rjroffroad.com in case you have more than just a JK.

The special option ones, like the JK AEV hood one will be up soon too.

I'm running the promotional low price right now, and I'll probably run it for a month and take it back up to normal price. At that time however, I will probably run you guys a free shipping coupon!

--JR

· Registered
740 Posts
I was able to get the tailgate prop mounted yesterday. It went on pretty easily and works great.

The only part of the install that was a bit of a pain was that I didn't have a thin enough wall socket or nut driver to get the middle self tapping screw all the way in. I end having to use a small 5/16" wrench and make partial turns until tight. This was on the bracket with 3 holes in it, that mounts near the speaker. Other than that installation was a snap.

The better half likes it alot. She has complained in the past about the gate always wanting to close on her. I kept telling her to park the other way on the hill :D.

Thanks again.:beer:

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I was able to get the tailgate prop mounted yesterday. It went on pretty easily and works great.

The only part of the install that was a bit of a pain was that I didn't have a thin enough wall socket or nut driver to get the middle self tapping screw all the way in. I end having to use a small 5/16" wrench and make partial turns until tight. This was on the bracket with 3 holes in it, that mounts near the speaker. Other than that installation was a snap.

Thanks for the comments Hmm, I'll take a look at that issue of the screw hole being so close. Jim

The better half likes it alot. She has complained in the past about the gate always wanting to close on her. I kept telling her to park the other way on the hill :D.

I'll bet that went over big. Jim ! :D

Thanks again.:beer:
Glad you liked it!
Jim

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Mine arrived today!

I will be installing this as soon as i get back home... Maybe in a week.

· Registered
740 Posts
So I've had the hoodlift kit on for several weeks now and everytime I open the hood (which seems like alot compared to any previously owned vehicle including my TJ) I like it more and more. I'm sure it will wear off or I'll just get used too it and take it for granted, but I just can't get over how nice it is to not have hassle with the prop rod anymore. I think I might remove the prop rod and try to save a pound in weight :laughing: .

Same goes for the tailgate prop, everytime I open the gate it gets better and better. I have to preface this with saying that I have the Warn rear bumper/tire carrier and granted the tire carrier swings freely but it will hold itself open even on a slight inlcine but anything to steep it will wanna swing close. I know I got the one tuned for the weight of the gate without spare, but I have to say that even on an incline that the Warn tire carrier would wanna swing shut it holds both the tailgate and the tire carrier in the open position. I don't let the strut push the tire carrier open but it will hold it. I haven't had it open on a real steep incline yet so we will have to see how/if it holds the tire carrier when that takes place.

I am definitely happy with both of these items. Thanks again for a great product.

(*edit)
The Mrs. is way happy with the tailgate prop as well. I can't say if she'll over open the hood or not to comment about it, but the tailgate prop has been mentioned everytime that she has gone shopping

· Registered
302 Posts
Those of you who have yet to get this mod, you're seriously missing out! Not only was it priced to sell, it's a VERY easy installation. Trust me...if I can put it in, anyone can. :D

Oh...and if you have a lifted JK, then it's that much better (mine's on 40" tires with 6 1/2" of lift...not easy to just lift the hood up).

Here's a pic...

· Premium Member
8,890 Posts
If the hood lift is no longer on sale, then how much is it now? Any discount for forum members? My neighbors gotta be tired of seeing my a$$-crack everytime I prop the hood on my jeep!!!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.