JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Ordered a set on 5/22/08, received them within a few days. Didn't have the time to install them until last night (5/30/08). The install was pretty slick. The instruction were very descriptive, as well as entertaining at what seemed to be just the right moments. Probably more so because I did have to actually move my "beverage container" as it is mentioned. And of course, they work great. I would recommend this hoodlift to anyone that may be considering it. Especially if the JKOwners discount is available.

I entered the 2008 Teraflex Plus All Jeep Show which was held earlier today (5/31/08) and had the hood open specifically to show off the hoodlift kit/system. I had several people ask about them and even wanted to close/open the hood to see them in action. So far, even though it's only been a day, I am very pleased with them. Of course I am still on a high for having won the "Best of Show" award. I'm not sure how much influence this hoodlift may or may not have had, but at the very least it drew a few more people my way I'm sure.

Thanks for a good product.

· Registered
740 Posts
Thanks JimP. I appeciate the offer for the Tailgate Prop and as pleased as I am with the hoodlift, I'm sure the the tailgate Prop will be the same. As far as my spare goes, I have a Warn rear bumper/tire carrier so there is no tire on the gate itself.

After having the hoodlift for a few days now I can tell you that it is nice to be able to just unlatch the hood and let it raise up without having to deal with the prop rod. With as high as the Jeep is lifted it was sort of a chore to be able to hold up the hood high enough while postioning the rod.

Here are a few pics:

· Registered
740 Posts
I was able to get the tailgate prop mounted yesterday. It went on pretty easily and works great.

The only part of the install that was a bit of a pain was that I didn't have a thin enough wall socket or nut driver to get the middle self tapping screw all the way in. I end having to use a small 5/16" wrench and make partial turns until tight. This was on the bracket with 3 holes in it, that mounts near the speaker. Other than that installation was a snap.

The better half likes it alot. She has complained in the past about the gate always wanting to close on her. I kept telling her to park the other way on the hill :D.

Thanks again.:beer:

· Registered
740 Posts
So I've had the hoodlift kit on for several weeks now and everytime I open the hood (which seems like alot compared to any previously owned vehicle including my TJ) I like it more and more. I'm sure it will wear off or I'll just get used too it and take it for granted, but I just can't get over how nice it is to not have hassle with the prop rod anymore. I think I might remove the prop rod and try to save a pound in weight :laughing: .

Same goes for the tailgate prop, everytime I open the gate it gets better and better. I have to preface this with saying that I have the Warn rear bumper/tire carrier and granted the tire carrier swings freely but it will hold itself open even on a slight inlcine but anything to steep it will wanna swing close. I know I got the one tuned for the weight of the gate without spare, but I have to say that even on an incline that the Warn tire carrier would wanna swing shut it holds both the tailgate and the tire carrier in the open position. I don't let the strut push the tire carrier open but it will hold it. I haven't had it open on a real steep incline yet so we will have to see how/if it holds the tire carrier when that takes place.

I am definitely happy with both of these items. Thanks again for a great product.

(*edit)
The Mrs. is way happy with the tailgate prop as well. I can't say if she'll over open the hood or not to comment about it, but the tailgate prop has been mentioned everytime that she has gone shopping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.