JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prices slashed on HoodLift for JK. See on www.hoodlift.com. There's a video there of one in action on a JK. The advertised price is now $79.95 plus $15 shipping. However Jason has them for less at http://www.rjroffroad.com/. This is the HoodLift donated and installed on the CA4WDA raffle Jeeps and several magazine Jeeps. HoodLift has been in the business of lifting the hoods of Jeeps since the mid-90's and still gives a no hassle lifetime warranty on every component...even the gas springs! We can do this because we seldom have to replace anything for the thousands of happy HoodLift owners out there. Call Jim at 1-800-579-3024 if you have any questions. The website also has photos of trips, install directions, tips on how to improve your rig and lots more.

Added 6/6/08.. Check out the HoodLift TailGate Strut below. You can also get these at Jason's website at http://www.rjroffroad.com/ for $63.95.

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ordered a set on 5/22/08, received them within a few days. Didn't have the time to install them until last night (5/30/08). The install was pretty slick. The instruction were very descriptive, as well as entertaining at what seemed to be just the right moments. Probably more so because I did have to actually move my "beverage container" as it is mentioned. And of course, they work great. I would recommend this hoodlift to anyone that may be considering it. Especially if the JKOwners discount is available.

I entered the 2008 Teraflex Plus All Jeep Show which was held earlier today (5/31/08) and had the hood open specifically to show off the hoodlift kit/system. I had several people ask about them and even wanted to close/open the hood to see them in action. So far, even though it's only been a day, I am very pleased with them. Of course I am still on a high for having won the "Best of Show" award. I'm not sure how much influence this hoodlift may or may not have had, but at the very least it drew a few more people my way I'm sure.

Thanks for a good product.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Discount still in effect

Is this discount still being offered?
Yes it is. Well it was. We are now referring you to Jason at http://www.rjroffroad.com/ You can save more on the package deal as well. That includes a JK tail-gate prop with a JK HoodLift. Hmmm. I just noticed that you have the heat-reduction Hood. If it's the AEV one, it's 30% heavier than a standard JK hood. I have a special HoodLift for that using different mounting points. The regular one will work; but I just wasn't satisfied how well it held the heavier hood. It's not on the website, www.hoodlift.com, yet, as of this post, but I'll get it up there right away. (Later, it's up there now!) Same prices. You can pm me if you do order one and I'll make sure you get the right one. I'll give free shipping to a US address for you as part of my humble thanks for what you are doing there in Iraq.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ordered a set on 5/22/08, received them within a few days. Didn't have the time to install them until last night (5/30/08). The install was pretty slick. The instruction were very descriptive, as well as entertaining at what seemed to be just the right moments. Probably more so because I did have to actually move my "beverage container" as it is mentioned. And of course, they work great. I would recommend this hoodlift to anyone that may be considering it. Especially if the JKOwners discount is available.

I entered the 2008 Teraflex Plus All Jeep Show which was held earlier today (5/31/08) and had the hood open specifically to show off the hoodlift kit/system. I had several people ask about them and even wanted to close/open the hood to see them in action. So far, even though it's only been a day, I am very pleased with them. Of course I am still on a high for having won the "Best of Show" award. I'm not sure how much influence this hoodlift may or may not have had, but at the very least it drew a few more people my way I'm sure.

Thanks for a good product.
Scrogg, Thanks for the kind words and congratulations to you for "Best of Show"! I'd like to see some photos of your JK. And, for being the first person to post on this thread about your experience with the HoodLift, I'm sending you a TailGate Prop. I'd like to hear about your impressions of it. We have 3 levels of push, depending on what you have attached to your tail gate. Can you tell me if your spare is still attached to the tailgate and how big it is if it's attached. (Mine isn't since I have the Rock Hard spare tire carrier).

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks JimP. I appeciate the offer for the Tailgate Prop and as pleased as I am with the hoodlift, I'm sure the the tailgate Prop will be the same. As far as my spare goes, I have a Warn rear bumper/tire carrier so there is no tire on the gate itself.

After having the hoodlift for a few days now I can tell you that it is nice to be able to just unlatch the hood and let it raise up without having to deal with the prop rod. With as high as the Jeep is lifted it was sort of a chore to be able to hold up the hood high enough while postioning the rod.

Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty Jeep

Scrogg, Nice lookiing Jeep! Your TailGate strut should go out tomorrow! You are in Sandy UT, right?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes it is. You can save more on the package deal as well. That includes a JK tail-gate prop with a JK HoodLift. Hmmm. I just noticed that you have the heat-reduction hood. If it's the AEV one, it's 30% heavier than a standard JK hood. I have a special HoodLift for that using different mounting points. The regular one will work; but I just wasn't satisfied how well it held the heavier hood. It's not on the website, www.hoodlift.com, yet, as of this post, but I'll get it up there right away. Same prices. You can pm me if you do order one and I'll make sure you get the right one. I'll give free shipping to a US address for you as part of my humble thanks for what you are doing there in Iraq.
Thanks for recognizing that I've got the AEV hood...I would have just ordered the regular set.

I'll be back in the States in 9 days for a vacation and will order it when I get back. The AEV hood is being custom painted, so I won't get it for a few months anyway.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jason, I can send you one that will work on both hoods, then, so you don't have to wait a couple of months without a HoodLift. It will just be a little strong for the stock hood but will still be OK. I like to see the hood go to neutral position about 8 to 12 inches from closing. Then it will go down if you hold it a bit lower than that and go up when you hold it a bit higher. The stronger gas springs take the neutral position lower. Since you mentioned you don't have the new hood yet, I'll also send you extra mounting fasteners for the hood end of the mount when you change over. That is if this I can remember that long.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
JimP, Your a good man!

God Bless our Troops!

I have a question:

I am interested in the combo package listed on your site, But i cant see where to enter the promo code?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well, that was certainly easy. A quick phone call and now I've got the hood lift being sent to FL to be ready upon my return. Thanks Jim. :smokin:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a question:

I am interested in the combo package listed on your site, But i cant see where to enter the promo code?

Thanks in advance!

Adam
Adam, Well, I'll just have to fix that! I'll get back to you ASAP.

Jim

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a question:

Thanks in advance!

Adam
Adam, You have to go past the sign-in part and the coupon code should show up on the next screen near the bottom on the left. Let me know if that works for you. If, somehow, you get all the way through without getting the credit, I'll refund you the difference.
Jim

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Adam, You have to go past the sign-in part and the coupon code should show up on the next screen near the bottom on the left. Let me know if that works for you. If, somehow, you get all the way through without getting the credit, I'll refund you the difference.
Jim
DONE!!!!

Thats a GREAT price!

Adam

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Burp!! Just got back from dinner and found your order, Adam. Thanks! It should out tomorrow. Reminds me of the shortest poem ever written about women troubles: "Adam had'em."
Jim

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Reminds me of the shortest poem ever written about women troubles: "Adam had'em."
Jim
I only wish it was that easy! :laughing:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I understand. Although it only takes abt 20 minutes to install, it's better to do it right than fast! Have a good show!! Wish I could go!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts