JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the dealership thought it'd be cool to put one of those fake stick on hood scoops on my Jeep. And while it does add some character and It accutally does look alright...i'm sick of being asked if its real then having to give the embarrasing response that no..its not. It looks like it's just held on with two sided adhesive tape. What's the best way to get it off? Or should I just embrace the cheapness lol

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Come on now. We have to see a pic of this thing.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I'm assuming you bought it used. I'd think you could just rip it off, but with the thickness (or lack thereof) of our hood, you might rip off the metal underneath too... :)

Seriously, though, if you heat it up a bit with a heat gun it should come off pretty easy. Just don't get it so hot as to mess up the paint. Then clean up any residue with Goo-gone.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not sure if you really like the "look", but why not jsut make it functional with even a small hole or two drilled from underneath. IMHO that makes it less cheap, and less embarrising when people ask if it is jsut there for looks.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Heat up the tape then use fishing line to remove it. Hold the line in both hands then slide it under the tape. A little back and forth motion will help. It cuts clean and won't scratch. Note that it cuts, so give it a couple of wraps around your hands so it doesn't slip and cut you.

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
Nobody on here believes that you have this hood scoop. You must provide photographic evidence.

corey d

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ditto on the fishing line. I would wear work gloves or wrap the line around two sticks so you have more pulling power..
Making it functional is not a bad idea either but be sure to clean and seal the seam from the inside or the force of the wind going inside will rip it off your hood when you go on the hwy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Scoop

Here you guys go...i took off all the decals already...i need to take some new pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yep, that scoop has to go.....

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
nevermind the scoop but is that a chrome grille and what kind of mopar performance is in that baby?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nevermind the scoop but is that a chrome grille and what kind of mopar performance is in that baby?
uhm....a trailor hitch...as i said i took off the decals and the chrome grill

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i was just messin, glad to hear the chrome grille is gone though, i hate that chit:shaking:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
remove the whole hood and get an AEV. it actually looks good and then you can tell ppl it serves a purpose too:grinpimp:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Did the dealership give you a discount for having that crap on there?

Cool that you already removed the chrome grille inserts and Mopar performance joke stickers- but with a 3.8, that "scoop" needs to go imo.

·
Registered
258 Posts
DO NOT take that off. That particular hood scoop actually adds 50 horse power and 3" of lift! :D

Actually, that thing is horrid. Use dental floss or fishing line ASAP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts