JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Jeep friends!

My family owns 3 Jeep’s and this is the first time I have ever had this problem.

My 2021 Jeep Wrangler just had the Hood Open Warning light come on. I have checked the hood locks, they are locked. I popped the hood, slammed it down twice, and relooked it. The warning light will not turn off and the Auto Start/Stop warning light has come on. Every time I come to a stop and pull out, it beeps at me. It is driving me crazy. My Jeep dealership said a sensor may have gone out (not happy about that because my Jeep is 6 months old) and can not get it in to check it out for 3 weeks. Aaargghhh! Service rep said that he is heard of a hack with tape that convinces the sensor that the hood is closed. I would like to know about this because I cannot listen to that beep for 3 weeks every time I drive to and

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have a hack for it? The beep is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance!

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,416 Posts
Lordy, just reading about this issue on one of the JL forums makes me never want to own a JL... or be on a JL forum.
The hack is probably taping the two hood sensors down all the way. Looks like some people unplug one of them to get past the ESS system.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If I were to suggest a hack - other than what Snout said - (Myself not knowing anything about the particular switch/sensor), I would see if there may be a way to adjust the height of the sensor. Lacking that, perhaps build-up the top of the sensor with tape, to raise the contact point with the hood?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it has an underhood switch, instead of a sensor type connection, check to see if it is shorting to ground while pushing the switch down. If it is replace the switch, if not adjust the switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts