JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the email from Quadratec telling me to look for their new bathroom reading material in the mail.. and I saw this.. A tad on the expensive side but still cool non the less.. Would fix the hood popping up problem..

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12600_0202.htm

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Kind of cool. I saw a write up where a guy made a set like this a long time ago but didn't remake the lower bracket. The chance of the stock plastic rotting bothers me more than the rubber strap.

I wonder what these brackets are made of? It doesn't say and looks like molded plastic. I hope they are aluminum at least.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thing o' beauty, indeed. Almost made me overlook the fender and hood outline misalingment.

·
Registered
414 Posts
These have been talked about for a while now and people have already gone back the Drake and asked for black to make them blend in better but Drake came back and said they had no plans to do them in black. Said they had looked at doing them in black and desided that the anodizing wouldn't hold up and they would end up turning purple.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Drake seems to be solely devoted to bling. Not a fan of their stuff

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
IMO it looks like someone assembled a few choice pieces from the hardware store and looped a wire through them. ill stick to my daystars.

id even do the zip tie mod before i got these, but to each his own!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've got a bunch of the Drake stuff cause like Dr Dirty....I like me some bling. I'm getting all mine powdercoated red to match though the brushed billet does look great.

As soon as these hood latches hit the market end of this month, a set is mine!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Not digging the look. I'll bet the cable will beat the hell out of the paint over time at highway speeds.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drake now offers them in black, I was writing him on another form and they are addimit that the cable will not rub on the hood paint. I will be ordering the black ones next week.

·
Registered
805 Posts
umm...looks like the factory ones broke off and someone went into the kitchen to put this together...

·
Registered
805 Posts
...and replace just one side for a more genuine trashy look...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
WTF did you check that price? $129.99.:thefinger: Get the Daystars or try the Woods kit both are way cheaper.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Someone slaps this together in the kitchen and for $130 it is "cool"...?

If Chrysler offered this off the factory there would be screams of "WTF?" and "...the stealership wants $130 for this...?!" :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts