JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving downt o beach on the highway, going about 70 and my hood was bouncing like it was about to suddenly just fling open, and the latches were gonna give way. Did the same thing coming back yesturday.....any thoughts as to if something might be wrong cause i cant find anything.....

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
search hood flutter
dozens of threads on it.

some people take out the lift spring at the front
others swap factory rubber latches for daystar replacements
some add 1/2" square steel to the latch hook

others just learn to ignore it
mines been doing it for 4+ years

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
search hood flutter
dozens of threads on it.

some people take out the lift spring at the front
others swap factory rubber latches for daystar replacements
some add 1/2" square steel to the latch hook

others just learn to ignore it
mines been doing it for 4+ years
dont forget zipties

·
Registered
206 Posts
dont forget zipties
x2... you'll need the 11" ones. i just replaced mine. had one break after 4 years, so replaced both. cheap and easy. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was driving downt o beach on the highway, going about 70 and my hood was bouncing like it was about to suddenly just fling open, and the latches were gonna give way. Did the same thing coming back yesturday.....any thoughts as to if something might be wrong cause i cant find anything.....
I used the Daystar Hood Wranglers. They work great!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Remove the lift spring.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
The hood latches are working as designed and are suposta flex. They were designed by a battery of Jeep engineers, there is no need to 'improve' them. Waste of money.

:shitstorm:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Daystar latch replacements! I just replaced mine last week and Daystar is the way to go. For a total of 30 dollars including shipping you cant ask for more. The only thing that I did other than the latches was make jeep aware I was unhappy... I can tell you I gained 2MPG because the air is not trying to rip my hood off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.