JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to do a write up on these, but its really not needed. Its a 15 minute install. And WOODS includes very easy to follow step by step instructions.

But I do want everyone to know about these and I wanted to share my experience with them.

Out of all the mods I have made on my JK, these have been a pleasant surprise. I wanted the tailgate ram, but really didnt think I needed the hood lift. I was always fighting the tailgate if the JK is tilted the wrong way. After the WOODS tailgate ram mod----no more hassle with keeping it open! This thing works good! It holds the tailgate open even if the JK is tilted to the left, or pointed downhill. The brackets, ram strength, and length are figured out for you-- just bolt it on!

I decided to try the Hood mod also. I cant believe how handy this is!!! Like the tailgate, the engineering is spot on. I am still surprised at how much easier the hood is to open and close. I didnt think the stock rod system was too much of a pain, until I installed the lift rams. They make my life easier. I seem to open and close my hood alot ??? They will be an improvement for any JK, but they especially come in handy on a lifted JK. When you pop the hold downs off the hood, just lift it a few inches by hand, and the hood rises on its own and stays there without hooking the rod in. To close, just pull the safety latch (because I cant reach the top of the hood!) down and hook the hold downs.

Its a great, inexpensive mod that you should consider. Go to WOODS' website to purchase--- www.jeepswag.com

:bounce: And here is an added bonus for JKOwners.com peeps- type in "Hundy" in the discount code for $10 OFF!!!:bounce:

Just for the record- WOODS is a forum sponsor, and I dont get paid for any orders placed.

High quality, well thought out and engineered products, and great customer service is what we all have come to know and expect from all of WOODS products!

:innocent:100dollarman APPROVED!!!:innocent:

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
what am I missing here? oh yeah, caaasshhh!:thefinger: soon i will be reemployed and then i will have more toys!:thefinger: Woods is DA MAN:beer:

·
Registered
294 Posts
EXACTLY!!!!! thats all it ever takes is CASH!!!! something of which I have little to none of!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the warranty like. The Hoodlift stuff is a litttle more with that discount on the ones you listed, but they also carry lifetime warranty.

The site you listed I didn't see any warranty info at all.
I checked with WOODS and this is what he said---

They have a LIFETIME warranty. The website is being improved daily--- warranty info will be added today.:bounce:

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
What's the warranty like. The Hoodlift stuff is a litttle more with that discount on the ones you listed, but they also carry lifetime warranty.

The site you listed I didn't see any warranty info at all.
Want a lifetime warranty? Okay. And I'm about that easy.

Customer does pay shipping on warranty items though. Is there any way to make that text smaller?

The JeepSWAG website is updated. BTW, I've made some changes to my website. All forum users should now only use www.JeepSWAG.com . There you'll find Forum Member Discounted prices. 4XFix.com only has suggested retail prices now.

Thanks for the heads up Hundy.

:beer:

·
14ers
479 Posts
Its a great, inexpensive mod that you should consider. Go to WOODS' website to purchase--- www.jeepswag.com

:bounce: And here is an added bonus for JKOwners.com peeps- type in "Hundy" in the discount code for $10 OFF!!!:bounce:

Just for the record- WOODS is a forum sponsor, and I dont get paid for any orders placed.

High quality, well thought out and engineered products, and great customer service is what we all have come to know and expect from all of WOODS products!

:innocent:100dollarman APPROVED!!!:innocent:
I just ordered a fair share of the Woods offerings and used MY "HUNDY" discount !! :grinpimp:

I look forward to heaping on the praise for my man Brett for makin' the decision easy! Way to go, man!

·
Registered
92 Posts
So what about this there thing called the Storage Tub.... looks a little expensive. Anyone try it? Worth the price? Just wondering? Can never have enough room to store stuff.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
So what about this there thing called the Storage Tub.... looks a little expensive. Anyone try it? Worth the price? Just wondering? Can never have enough room to store stuff.
I saw the prototype and the finished product and can tell you it is very strong and gives you much needed storage room. If I remember correctly, you will have to move your stock muffler to make room for it though.
As for customer service, Woods is a stand up guy and you can trust him completely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts