JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these 1/4" x 2 5/16" "thingys" at Tractor Supply. Hope they will keep my front springs in place...Rated at 100lbs each. Anybody think these will work? fail? Any "sound" opinions would be welcome before i hit the trail...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
should be plenty strong. I am assuming that since we have the long bumpstops in center of the spring that it is not to keep the spring from coming out but rather to keep it from rotating in the cup?

I belive the spring only rotates while in droop mode when there is no weight on the spring. Posibly during times when moving quickliy up and down like on washboard roads but the same theory applies, shouldn't take much to hold it into place.

Most factory retaining clips are just a thin piece of metal to hold them...

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, WTF LOL- The springs were rattling around at full droop- enough that it made me want to secure them...and they are torqued down enough that i think they wont rotate around. PIG (i think) said to check w/ Currie for the rear clips...(as ive heard that those coils can actually fall out). I appreciate your help...again.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Nice work :smokin:

I made some for mine when I first lifted it, but haven't noticed that I've needed them. But I have seen some JK springs get pretty loose at the front.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts