JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my tire carrier this weekend. It took a while because I've been really busy with work, traveling, and vacation.

Here she is, via some crappy camera phone pics.

It turned out pretty well. I used 3/16" tubing all around. 2x3 for the swing arm, and the rest is 2x2. I used a beefy 1-3/8" hinge from Nates4x4 and a McMaster locking latch. It is mounted on my Shrockworks bumper. I also put on a couple of stops on the rear door to prevent vibration/movement. It's pretty solid and doesn't move a bit when I'm driving around. I think it weighs about 70lbs, but that is just a guess. I psyched!

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Guys.

I'm far, far from a pro. All I have to do is watch my buddy who does that for living lay a couple of beads. But it's an awesome hobby. I loved.

LOL Alec. Yah, I think a just a wee bit overboard on the supports fo the wheel.

· Registered
749 Posts
Very Nice,alot Nicer than some of the Store Bought ones.

I wish I could weld:shaking:
Ive actually been thinking of Learning ;)

· Registered
955 Posts
Very Nice,alot Nicer than some of the Store Bought ones.

I wish I could weld:shaking:
Ive actually been thinking of Learning ;)
You should pursue it. I've been welding and fabricating for 25 years, it can be very rewarding. There's things I can go see here in town and say "I built that".
I don't weld anymore for a living, but it's a skill that will always be in demand that I can fall back on if need be.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.