JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Holy" Super Swampers!!!! CHEAP !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got in one set of 4 - 37x12.50x16.5 SS TSL Radials, and several sets of 36x12.50x16.5 TSL SX bias from the military.

They drilled 3- 1/4" holes in every one! The tires are 95% tread and better!!! SUPER Rugged tires!

I am going to sell them either plugged/patched, or not.

AS IS NOT PLUGGED OR PATCHED--NOTE- ALL TIRES ARE NOW PATCH/PPLUGGED!
36" $100 each
37" $125 each

Add $20 per tire if I plug/patch.

These are for Offroad only and are "as is". But they look great besides having 3 holes in 'em! I took all of the runflats out of them-

Call me to place an order- 760 248 6214 HUNDY

This is a limited supply one time dealio!

These would be a great second set of tires for your JK! There is no tire that is TOUGHER!:smokin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Why would they "demil" a civilian tire, but all of the other takeoffs?

Good regardless...bump for you.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would they "demil" a civilian tire, but all of the other takeoffs?

Good regardless...bump for you.

One thing I have learned working with the government----- Logic does NOT apply!:shaking: I stopped trying to figure it out. You should see some of the stupid chit---:(

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
where are the holes drilled in these tires tread or sidewall?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That's about typical use of tax dollars.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Goddamn it I haven't regeared yet or I'd be all over these

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a bunch of these repaired today. Decided to use "plug patches".

I am happy how they came out, and I think they are "GOOD TO GO" !!!

:smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Those are some pretty darn good tires. We got a bunch on my last deployment to Afghanistan and they worked great! We had a lot less punctures from the rocky terrain then the goodyears. They were deamed unsafe for use in hot climates (Iraq) a few summers ago as some of them came apart in the not so nice part of town. The M1114 up armor HMMWV they were on weighs in around 10,000 lbs. empty. Some of ours were pigs over 13k with a full team, weapons, ammo, water, chow, recovery gear ect. So my unprofessional estimate was that improper weight, high temps(pavement over 150F) & low pressures(causing the tire to ride on the runflats) lead to the tires demise in country. The way the units can get rid of "overstock" is to send them to DRMO. If they can not be "re-utilized" within the system then they must be deamed unserviceable so the government can assume no liability as they were sold as scrap. At least they didn't use a sawzall! Great tires Hundy, I appreciate your efforts bringing these back to the American people, great off-road tires.

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts