JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of ya'll watch this show? I don't know about the other places they film this, but nobody I know in Texas would try and trap one of those fuckers. Grab the .30-06 and drop those bastards where hey stand. :thefinger:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Hell yeah, drop em' before they get close to you!

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Had a male run up on me at Big Bend b/c I came too close to his sow-bitches. Crazy gape-mouthed ungulate bastard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been wondering what the fuck they do with them after they trap em. Do they shoot em and not want to show it on TV? The one group in TX has shot em before but why doesn't the other douche in HI or the fools in FL?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
we trap em and shoot every damn one of em we come across. Just let them out of the trap first since if the others smell blood the trap is useless afterwards

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
We trap em down here. The dogs bay em and then you grab their hind legs and come down on their chest with your knee. You pen them up and fatten them - and then eat them. Or sell them.

Pretty common out at River Ranch.

Helluva a lot more sporting to chase down a hog and kill it with a knife than to cap it at long range.

Granted, I think there should be a barehanded season, knife season, spear season, and chinese throwing star season BEFORE bow, muzzle loading, and general gun season. People are pussies.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Buddy of mine owns a hunting ranch: http://www.boarcreek.com/

He bring in Russian Boars, and has hunters from all over the world come to his ranch. Russian Boars are nothing to fuck with- they are the meanest most fearless bastards to walk on 4 legs. He drives the hunters out to their blinds and tells everyone that if they shoot one, do not go out to look at it- radio back to camp and he will come get you and your kill.

They are brutal bastards, and he has a few scars to show for it.

Incidentally, this bud of mine has hunted all over the world and has some damn nice (and exotic) trophies.

I was staying with him one weekend (I wasn't hunting, just staying at his ranch), and I rode out with him to pick up a recent kill. It was just starting to get dark, I was one nervous MF. As we were picking it up, I could hear the other bastards moving around in the dark. I had a revolver with me, but my plan was to retreat to the roof of the truck if anything came out of the dark LOL

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Helluva a lot more sporting to chase down a hog and kill it with a knife than to cap it at long range.

Granted, I think there should be a barehanded season, knife season, spear season, and chinese throwing star season BEFORE bow, muzzle loading, and general gun season. People are pussies.
You're a helluva cabe man Dave, but whne I see a javalina from the combine in one of the milo fields in the summer, that fucker is getting shot and turned into tamales.:mr-t:

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
I am serious about the spear season though - that'd rock! And it should come BEFORE bow season - much more sporting. I'd go hunting with a spear.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
just make your own season, these things can be killed all year long

·
Registered
39 Posts
We trap em down here. The dogs bay em and then you grab their hind legs and come down on their chest with your knee. You pen them up and fatten them - and then eat them. Or sell them.

Pretty common out at River Ranch.

+1

I have friends that hunt them with pitbull's and a knife. When they do trap them they pull them out by their hind legs and pin them up to fatten them up or use them to train other dogs.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
This is my piece of shit cousin - we're not close - catching a small hog. He likely fattened it up and then either ate it or sold it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
one thing i have never done is hog hunt i want to bad i just dont seem to have the time. Whole lot o scouting to do for them here in eastern ok they arent as thick as they are down south. I wouldnt mind using a knife but i need atleast my 45 on my side to feel a little better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts