JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I hate to say it but iv got the jeep bug, it has taken me over. I have started to part out my other toy in order to buy jeep parts :D I will most likely have roughly 7,000$ to spend give or take a little. I have a stock 10 2 door jk sport. so my question to you guys is what would you buy?! I have an idea of what I want but figured some ideas from some other jeep owners couldn't hurt! thanks a lot guys much appreciated any insight

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Lift, Tires/Wheels, Bumpers, Armor, Winch, Lights.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Rk 2.5 long arm. 2800$
35s (unless u come accross.another.2-3k for 37s and extra cost) 1600$
Wheel spacers -100$
Poison spyder brawler lite -550ish$
ace pro rear- 885$
Gears w/ install $1000.

Any extra id use for sliders, and shocks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
hey guys, I hate to say it but iv got the jeep bug, it has taken me over. I have started to part out my other toy in order to buy jeep parts :D I will most likely have roughly 7,000$ to spend give or take a little. I have a stock 10 2 door jk sport. so my question to you guys is what would you buy?! I have an idea of what I want but figured some ideas from some other jeep owners couldn't hurt! thanks a lot guys much appreciated any insight
What's your end game?

·
Registered
407 Posts
What kind of wheeling do you do in N.J.? That will determine what to install . If you like to haul ass across dirt roads , the build will be different then crawling rocks.Without knowing what you do , no one can tell you what to install.Maybe you just drive on the street , that would warrant doing nothing .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
20" rockstar wheels with 35" tires replace everything you can with billet and put lots of led off road lights on it. Don't forget the colored rock lights.
Very funny ahah
What's your end game?
And I'm looking for a street/wheeler. I would have to drive it to work and so on but still want a very capable off-road jeep. Not really concerned with gas milage but still needs to have some street manors since I will be driving it a lot. I was thinking along the lines of rk 2.5 max travel with fox shocks, 35 mtz's (really would like 37s haha) with a regear of course. Not sure should I replace drive shafts or not some people say yes and some say no for that lift size. I basically want a well put together jeep that's done the right way I'm not one to cut corners.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Very funny ahah

And I'm looking for a street/wheeler. I would have to drive it to work and so on but still want a very capable off-road jeep. Not really concerned with gas milage but still needs to have some street manors since I will be driving it a lot. I was thinking along the lines of rk 2.5 max travel with fox shocks, 35 mtz's (really would like 37s haha) with a regear of course. Not sure should I replace drive shafts or not some people say yes and some say no for that lift size. I basically want a well put together jeep that's done the right way I'm not one to cut corners.
If I were starting with a bone stock rig, the first thing I'd do is Metal Cloak fenders. The removable ones, not the one piece. Next, I'd decide what tire size I was gonna run, then get the appropriate lift to make it work.

I'm kinda wondering what it'd look like with Metal Cloaks and a 2.5" lift with 37's. Probably like a roller skate. Maybe 2.5", Cloaks, and 40's... ?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Not a damn thing.

Go wheeling.

Wheel it some more.

Drive it... drive the SHIT out of it.

Watch others while wheeling. What impresses you about their rigs? ( cosmetic or performance wise). Read, ask questions, learn about your rig. Research the HELL out of what's out there... what works/ what doesn't?

After going off road and driving it a while on-road, start to determine what you would like to do with your rig. Don't try to determine all of that right now. What do you think of it's capabilities at that point? What does you rig NEED at that point?

Don't put the cart before the horse. Good luck. :beer:

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can't really go wrong with skids as a first round of mods. Engine/t-case/gas tank, lower control arm bracket skids, rear lower shock mount relocate/skids, diff covers. And a set of quick disconnects.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
I agree with the rockers, but I would just use the stock skids until you need something better based on your budget, or wheeling style.

My stock skids and crossmember are beat to shit, but they have help up fine. Glad I spent that grand elsewhere... Like on a winch and locker !

Although I did do the LCA Weld on skids right away !

·
Registered
355 Posts
If I were starting with a bone stock rig, the first thing I'd do is Metal Cloak fenders. The removable ones, not the one piece.
Next, front and rear diff armor, front skid. 35x12.5x17 Goodyear MT/R Kevlar with XD Enduro rims. Finally when available(under development now) Metalcloak 2.5 Ground Breaker suspension.

This is my wish list.

And the advice to wheel it and then research ask questions and observe other rigs is RIGHT ON.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
We know someone mentioned our 2.5" Long Arm, but how about a Long Arm with 3" of rear stretch???? Hmmmmm... Those builds are pretty sick!

No matter what you do, good luck with your build!

RK

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Not a damn thing.

Go wheeling.

Wheel it some more.

Watch others while wheeling. What impresses you about their rigs? ( cosmetic or performance wise). Read, ask questions, learn about your rig. Research the HELL out of what's out there... what works/ what doesn't?

After going off road and driving it a while on-road, start to determine what you would like to do with your rig. Don't try to determine all of that right now. What do you think of it's capabilities at that point? What does you rig NEED at that point?

Stub

This is great advice. For those of us that are old in Jeepin, alot of us remember when a 31" was a tall tire. Then 33's, then 35's, now 37's are the norm... Understanding you, your vehicle, and your needs are important...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
We know someone mentioned our 2.5" Long Arm, but how about a Long Arm with 3" of rear stretch???? Hmmmmm... Those builds are pretty sick!

No matter what you do, good luck with your build!

RK
That was myself, i didn't suggest a stretch because he is on such a tight budget. I figured the LA you can push the front axle forward an inch and still be good to go

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Not a damn thing.

Go wheeling.

Wheel it some more.

^^^^Thats what I did. I hung out with the wrong crowd though--buggies, built TJ's. Then I got addicted....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts