JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the category of things that make you go Hmmmmm......

I've always considered Reno to be part of the SouthWest. It seems as though the organization of the runs in our geographic categories seems to follow this. But there is a post in the NorthWest section addressing the NorCal people.

Obviously they are Northern California and not Southern California but is Northern California that is about the same latitude as Reno, still SouthWestern?

And where is the line? :confused:

Crap now I'll never get any work done today. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think it's what naturally comes to mind. You Think N. Cal, then pine trees, then rain, so you kinda associate it with NW. I've never been to Reno, but I know a lot on Nevada is desert, so I think Reno is desert, and then I think I think cowboys, then Wild West, and finally SW. I think the border is the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Kinda like you think AZ, and catus pops into your mind. (although we have the largest Ponderosa Pine Forest in the world):cool:

Now that's another thing that makes you go Hmmmm. It sounds funny as "is the Sierra Nevada Mountains" but it doesn't work when you say "are the Sierra Nevada Mountains" because border is singular and mountains plural. Great!!! now you have me scratchin' my noggin.:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi guys. Now you have me thinking as well, LOL. I posted that NorCal post but to me Reno is close enough to Northern Cal even though from Reno it's to the South. :D

Michael, I replied to you about Sunday in that post I think. Baltic Ridge is only rate at 3-4 but we are just trying to get out and just start hitting up trails that are the closest to us for now until we do the suspension, tires and wheel mods to our Jeeps.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really wish I hadn't wondered this the other day. I still ask myself this question. I need to get out more. :shaking:

So now that we have more members maybe someone can answer this question.

:grinpimp:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I really wish I hadn't wondered this the other day. I still ask myself this question. I need to get out more. :shaking:

So now that we have more members maybe someone can answer this question.

:grinpimp:
Oh I see, my answer wasn't good enough. *sniff* I though we had something, and now you broke it, whatever it was..............meanie:D

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's me, I'm the big meanie. :devil:

I was all good with your pictorial and was following along until you hit me with that Sierra Nevada Mountain stuff. Then I was lost because the Sierra's run North and South and I was looking for a North/South division line. Your line runs the wrong way. :thefinger:

Trivia for you. Name the place that has 5 of the 7 weather zones in the US and has 4 ecological regions coming together at this same place.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Springfield, Oregon---Wait five minutes and the weather will change.

Did I win??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts