JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: Dealer wants $191 for hitch and $300 for install. Robbery. Performance 4x4 sell hitch for $61 and I install myself. Start project and find out 10As rear bumpers are different then every other Rubicon (apparently) and f ing thing will not fit.

Question: Is there an easy solution for putting a hitch on the 2013 Rubi Unlimited 10A, rather than giving the dealer $500 for 20 minutes worth of work. Anyone that can direct me to the correct part # and procedure for install on the 10A would be much appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Hitch - 68193628AA
Mounting Bolts - 06104246AA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks much. During install will the spacers be discarded to allow room for the hitch to slip around the crossmember?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello dgp I have a 10a and bought the rugged ridge hitch. When you loosen the bolts you will see a steel shim that will drop out the bottom. Take out one bolt at a time and the shim will swing down. Then just push the hitch in and and install the bolts and your in business!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can one of you post a pic with the hitch installed? I don't have my jeep yet, but I'm trying to figure out what's different. None of my web searches return a picture of the hitch, on or off the jeep.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Problem: Dealer wants $191 for hitch and $300 for install. Robbery. Performance 4x4 sell hitch for $61 and I install myself. Start project and find out 10As rear bumpers are different then every other Rubicon (apparently) and f ing thing will not fit.

Question: Is there an easy solution for putting a hitch on the 2013 Rubi Unlimited 10A, rather than giving the dealer $500 for 20 minutes worth of work. Anyone that can direct me to the correct part # and procedure for install on the 10A would be much appreciated. thanks.
I used an OEM hitch which had the nuts welded on, and all I did was pry the one part of the bumper wide enough to tap the hitch into place and then bolt it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts