JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have any of you used anything like this? I'd like to take my bike with me ('02 GSX-R600) when I get home and drive cross country. The Class III hitch's on Quadratec have too low of a Max Tongue Weight. None of the little cars Ive had ever towed anything so I have no clue about hitches. What can I get for the JK that will have a TOngue Weight of at least 500lbs or so? And any feedback on your experience, either personally or witnessed about these kind of bike carriers would rawk!!

TYIA

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I thought about that, but I have about an 8K mile road trip and dont really wanna hassle with a trailer (lights, tags, hotel parking etc) and figured the little hitch rack thing (technical termonaology) might be a better way to go. It also says you getter mileage than towing a trailer, and on an 8K mile trip a mile or 2 per gallon could be a pretty big $$$ saver.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
yeah but with a trailer, worst you can expect is a flat tire
with the hitch deal, I'd be worried about hitting a bump and breaking a weld, bending/sagging hitch, etc etc
If you're looking for peace of mind, especially on a long trip, for me it would be hands down the trailer option!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts