JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put a hitch on my wifes 05 eqinox and the reciever seems to point down a very little, think that will be ok? there really isnt any adjustment on it though.

oh and btw dont get a putnam hitch for a equinox, pain in the ass.......wrong hardware.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
just put a hitch on my wifes 05 eqinox and the reciever seems to point down a very little, think that will be ok? there really isnt any adjustment on it though.

oh and btw dont get a putnam hitch for a equinox, pain in the ass.......wrong hardware.
Should've just gone with a U-Haul hitch.:shaking:
Seriously...sounds a little odd to me. If the hardware was wrong and it is at a sloping angle, you might want to check the stress on the attachment points.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

www.etrailer.com for all your hitch needs; should have a solution for your odd angled hitch.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the hardware wasent exactly wrong it was just missing all the washers that the instructions said it should have. all the class3 hitches on that site look exactly like the one i have

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Well then, you can chuck it as a resource,,,I haven't the foggiest what your problem is.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The hitch should sit level as long as the vehicle is level if not it throws the geometry off. If your kit was missing washers maybe it was missing a spacer or something else. I usually let a hitch shop install mine because then if something is wrong I have someone to carry it back to. That said I have installed them and usually it is pretty straight forward and comes out fine every time.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was a basic install , no drilling, followed instructions. maybe ill return it and try a different brand or just take it somewhere although i hate paying someomne to do something i can do

·
Banned
2 Posts
Great

Great hopes make great man..*.  /~ .~\  /~ ~\  /~ .~\  /~ ~\ ***  '   `\/'   * '   `\/'   *  V  ( MY LOEV TO YOU.*)(        . *) /\|/\ \   wow gold,  .*./ \ wow gold, *./  |   `\ .   . .*/'一 `\ .   . .*/'  |    `\ * .*. */' _  _ `\ * .*. */'       `\ * */' ( `\/'*) `\ * */'        `\/'   \  */'  `\/'             `\/'wow gold,wow gold,

·
Registered
947 Posts
Great hopes make great man..*.  /~ .~\  /~ ~\  /~ .~\  /~ ~\ ***  '   `\/'   * '   `\/'   *  V  ( MY LOEV TO YOU.*)(        . *) /\|/\ \   wow gold,  .*./ \ wow gold, *./  |   `\ .   . .*/'一 `\ .   . .*/'  |    `\ * .*. */' _  _ `\ * .*. */'       `\ * */' ( `\/'*) `\ * */'        `\/'   \  */'  `\/'             `\/'wow gold,wow gold,
ass hole

1 - 9 of 9 Posts