JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An impromptu trip to Hard Rock today. Two of us. For both of us our first time there. Been wanting to do this for some time, and we took off early and spent the afternoon learning the park.

It rained yesterday and last night.

Did you know that when it rains, Hard Rock is no longer hard rock, but becomes soft, slippery clay rock?

Soft, slippery, gumbo type clay that sticks to your tires and doesn't clean out when you spin them?

Clay that sends you sideways down the hills if you are not extremely careful?

You know you're in trouble when you tell the guy taking your money that you're hitting the jeep course, and he looks at you funny and say "Good Luck!"

Good introduction to the course for us. Nobody there but the two of us. We actually made it through everything okay, thanks to lockers and enough common sense to avoid the very steepest hills, and not to slide down one of the hills that drops you off a cliff or into a pond if you can't get the vehicle to turn when it is supposed to. It was a good driving experience. No damage, only one stuck and we earned that one.

This photo was early on. The Rubi did not look this clean at the end of the day!

I-Phone 1-21-11 026.jpg

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
You were the only ones there. You da man! Looks like great fun. Nice Rubi! :beer:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My wife's out of town. I sent her the the above picture and she called me back. She thought something was broken on the Jeep. She said she thought the wheels were falling off!

Working to upload some video. Think I have it figured out. I-Phone stuff.

Gotta give him credit. Bald AT's. He made it through two or three times before this. Took the toughest line this time.

My MTR's had no issue on the same line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts