JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Denver area folks around here.......

Just wanted to give props to Hillside 4x4. As posted in another thread, they recently did my re-gearing. The gearing was perfect - no noise, flawless and I ran Moab for three days last weekend.

After my diff service I notice some intermittent leaking from my PS front axle seal. I've read a ton of threads where JKs seem do this even on stock diffs. Anyway, I called those guys (Brian) and told them about it. Without hesitation they said they'd fix it up and it would be on their nickel if there was any indication they could have caused the problem. I couldn't, of course, take it to the stealership because they'd blame me for re-gearing even thought it's not uncommon to get leaky seals on the JK.

I brought it in today and they spent about 4 hours taking out the axle shaft and diff innards to replace the seal. They had it back to me today and I expect to at least pay part of the cost. Brian said "no charge". He wasn't sure if they caused it, but still didn't charge me a dime.

For those who are going to do a re-gear - those guys at Hillside are GREAT. I definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Nice to see a positive plug for a merchant...more often then not, we have complaints (most are deserved, though), but rarely do we see a business go above and beyond...Bravo Zulu!:beer::beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts