JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
I have the Delta Quad bars and the H4 Xenon bulbs they come with work very well and have a very white light. I'd be curious to see someone convert them to HID as well tho.

·
Registered
962 Posts
No, no, and nope. H4 housings are not designed for HID bulbs. Lamp systems have three parts, lamp, reflector, and lens. They are all designed to work together. Putting an HID bulb in a H4 housing will put a nasty glare into oncoming traffic and will not have the correct beam pattern, possibly being dimmer than the H4's.

·
Registered
962 Posts
For an in depth article about this subject, click here. Daniel makes some strong points here.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
So does anyone know what the best whitest light would be for a direct replacement for stock lights? Any suggestions would be appreciated :D!

·
Registered
962 Posts
So does anyone know what the best whitest light would be for a direct replacement for stock lights? Any suggestions would be appreciated :D!
Good luck finding a decent H13 bulb. Wait, I take that back. The stock bulbs are not that bad. What IS bad is the optics in the stock housings. The brightest, whitest bulb will do more harm than good in a poorly designed housing. Look here for good info about automotive lighting.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The Silverstars aren't too bad, certainly an improvement over stock. If want a blue/purple tint, look for some ricer style xenon bulbs.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
i think i got thw wrong ones mine are blueish :shaking:
Rice is nice ;) :D

It's all personal taste at the end of the day. I know it shouldn't bother me, I just dislike the blue/purple ones on 4x4's.

BTW You can have blue bulbs that don't produce blue light, they just "tint" it whiter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, but there's xenon bulbs and xenon bulbs, some produce white light, some produce blue/purple light and belong on ricers not Jeeps :D
Yeah, I really hate have bright headlights too. :thefinger:

HID definitely doesn't mean you have to get the 12k versions (which are so blue/purple they are almost worthless) but a 8k kit is such a huge improvement I am really trying to find a nice kit for mine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I really hate have bright headlights too. :thefinger:

HID definitely doesn't mean you have to get the 12k versions (which are so blue/purple they are almost worthless) but a 8k kit is such a huge improvement I am really trying to find a nice kit for mine.
Let me know what you find because I would like to do the same to mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts