JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
You'll find plenty of info on why not to use them. Halogen reflectors are not ideal for HID bulbs, as the light needs to be treated differently. You may not get a good beam pattern and may dazzle oncoming motorists, but if you just want whiter light, then for the price it's worth giving them a go.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I knew there was a reason for the "right price"

·
Registered
694 Posts
In all likelihood, they are probably also illegal... Now, I dont know that you would get pulled over and given a ticket, but just wanted to let you know.

Phil is correct though. Just replacing a halogen bulb with an HID bulb may not give you good results. In fact, it could be worse if the light gets scattered, and your visibility could be reduced.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
In all likelihood, they are probably also illegal... Now, I dont know that you would get pulled over and given a ticket, but just wanted to let you know.

Phil is correct though. Just replacing a halogen bulb with an HID bulb may not give you good results. In fact, it could be worse if the light gets scattered, and your visibility could be reduced.
good point - changing out your headlights to HID's are illegal (atleast in the state of Florida) I have a couple friends that are state troopers and they told me that it gives them a "reason" to pull ya over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts