JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 432 Posts

·
Vendor
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HIDprojectors XTRA-LIGHT DIY Bi-Xenon HID retrofit - starting at $520

HIDprojectors Bi-Xenon Headlights for your JK!

Available as fully built units (starting at $520).
Add other options/upgrades to make these truly unique and one-of-a-kind!

A true retrofit for your JK - no cutting, no hacking involoved!

Includes the following:

(2) HIDprojectors Bi-Xenon Projectors (high and low beam functionality is retained)
(2) H1 bulbs with your choice of 4300k (white with a slight tint of yellow), 5150k (bright white) or 6000k (white with a slight tint of blue) temp
(2) 35W HIDprojectors ballasts
(1) H13 Harness to allow for an easy plug and play installation
(2) Can bus cancelers to avoid any flickering issues
(2) New housings and lenses

These projectors are widely regarded as some of the best retrofit projectors on the market.
* Very important disclaimer. These are hand built, bespoke headlights, built to your specs. The headlights have been engineered to work in your Jeep however be prepared to do a little work here to install these, you must install a wiring harness (takes about 30 min) and you will be required to dial in the alignment perfectly. I will guarantee against DOA, however there is no warranty.

This is a picture of the 35W ballasts, 4300k bulbs:

If you're interested in a purchasing a set please visit www.hidprojectors.com to place an order or email me at [email protected]

Here's an ordering guide to help when requesting pricing or placing an order:

Send me the following information:
a) Bulb color (4300k, 5150k or 6000k)
b) Paint choice: Chrome is included, any other standard color is a $50 option. Custom paint colors are extra. The housings and/or the shrouds can be painted.
c) Shroud choice (if different than the stock Mini Gatling Gun Shroud). Shroud options can be viewed here.

Thats it! Email me your choices to [email protected] and I'll help you through the rest of the process.

Payment Options: I accept the following:
- PayPal (I'll send you an invoice)
- Check or Money order (must wait for it to clear)
- Credit Card or Debit Card over the phone (I'll email you a receipt)
- Cash in person.

Video added of driving at night:
HIDprojectors XTRA-LIGHT Bi-Xenon headlights - YouTube

Here are a few pics of a standard chrome set with the standard Mini Gatling Gun shrouds installed:

Check out my facebook page for more pics: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HIDprojectors/319823161399201
And my website for all your lighting needs: www.hidprojectors.com

·
Vendor
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Frequently Asked Questions

Thought I'd toss up a couple of pics to help define some terms and give an example of some pricing. See the next post for more shroud options and pricing...

I'll keep a running list of FAQs here to help answer commonly asked questions.

Why can't we use our stock housings for this kit?
The length of these projectors is too long to fit into stock JK housings. My solution combines a new, deeper housing with your stock lens to allow enough room to mount these safely and securely.

Will there be any fitment issues?
I have installed these into a set of stock buckets, it takes a little finesse but it can be done. One of my testers said that their JK's plastic bucked needed to be filed down a bit to fit flush, but another said he installed without issue. So please understand that you 'may' have to massage the bucket a bit to get them to fit - your experience may be vary.

Will I still have high beams?
Yes, fully functioning high beams, just like before.

Will my lights flicker?
No - Can bus cancellers are included in this kit to prevent flickering. Keep in mind though, if you purchase the DC ballasts they have been known to flicker a bit from time to time.

Can I get 55W ballasts with this kit?
Sure, but its not necessary. The 35W kits perform nearly as well and generate less heat than the 55W ballasts.
For comparison - 35W vs 55W

35W:

55W:

I already have an HID kit, what else do I need from you?
Depends. I highly recommend buying a complete kit. Your ballasts will carry over but your bulbs will not. Your wiring harness 'may' work, or it may not. Can bus cancellers will also carry over. So minimally you'd need just the headlights and the bulbs, but I also recommend the wiring harness as well, just to ensure everything goes together as designed.

What kind of bulbs do you use?
H1 Bulbs - readily available online everywhere. Pretty standard bulb, lots of availability and cheap to replace.

Can I order other colors bulbs?
I only stock 4300k and 6000k. If you want something else I suggest you purchase the color of your choice online from another vendor.

What brand of ballasts do you use?
The 35W AC and 55W AC ballasts are HIDprojectors branded - a joint collaboration between myself and my supplier. They are fantastic ballasts - cant say enough about these!

Does painting the housing have any effect on the light output?
No. The light output comes from the projector only. The housing now serves as a home for the light and has no influence on the light output.

Will you send me a copy of the installation instructions before I buy?
Sorry, but no. The instructions are proprietary and are this kit is the result of more than 2 years of R&D. You will receive support when you purchase if needed. If you are unsure on whether or not you can do this yourself, you might want to purchase the completed kit.

Will I be able to put my lights back to stock if I choose?
Yes, as long as you dont damage your stock housings, you'll be able to put your stock lenses back on your stock housings.

Can I get angel eyes with this kit?
Yes you can. See the next post for angel eye and other shroud options.

What can be customized/painted with this kit?
Everything! The housings, the shrouds, the cutoff shield, the lens retaining ring, etc. You can really create some great looking lights with some imagination and patience!

Can I order different shrouds?
Yes, see the next post for shroud options.

How are the new lights sealed?
They are sealed with a butyl sealant, the same stuff that is used in many OEM headlights.

Why do I need electrical tape and rubbing alcohol?
The electrical tape is used to cover any exposed butyl that sticks out of the light making it easier to handle. The rubbing alcohol is used to wipe down the projector before final installation, this ensures that everything is clean.

Will I have any fogging issues?
If everything is installed correctly, no you wont have any fogging issues. Please keep in mind though, all headlights need to breathe, I include two vents in the back of the headlight that can be opened or sealed to allow or prevent airflow - its up to you and your location which solution may work best.

·
Vendor
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shroud Options

In addition to the Mini Gatling Gun shroud which is the standard shroud offering, I'm pleased to announce the following optional shrouds:

These are UPGRADE prices and replace the Mini Gatling Gun shroud that comes with your projector order.

The ANGEL EYE SHROUD: $75 with white angel eyes.
This great looking shroud comes with an aperture cover and can house one angel eye.

The MONSTER GATLING GUN SHROUD: $100 with 1 set of angel eyes or $150 with 2 sets of white angel eyes.
This shroud can hold two angel eyes (if desired).

Customer pics (with red painted rings in the spot where the 2nd angel eye would normally go).

The SMOKE SHROUD: $75 with white angel eyes.
This is a translucent shroud with a slight bluish tint that can hold an angel eye. The entire shroud glows when lit.

The CLUBMAN SHROUD: $75 with white angel eyes.
Shown with a yellow angel eye, this one was inspired by the Mini Clubman. I think these would look great with angel eyes or with the light holes painted for a custom look.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
^^ Like you need anymore lights ya bastage! :thefinger:

·
Registered
143 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but... If you do this in the kitchen oven, how bad does it stink up the house/oven? I don't have access to a parts oven.

·
Vendor
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might be a dumb question, but... If you do this in the kitchen oven, how bad does it stink up the house/oven? I don't have access to a parts oven.
Thats a great question actually.

There is no noticble smell in the oven. I use my kitchen oven for all of my retrofits.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If we choose the option to have you build them with the Depo lights, are they the same ones you used for the Angel eye setups? I hate the OEM JK lights (with that nasty front bubble) and prefer the look of the flat style lights.

·
Vendor
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If we choose the option to have you build them with the Depo lights, are they the same ones you used for the Angel eye setups? I hate the OEM JK lights (with that nasty front bubble) and prefer the look of the flat style lights.
No, the domed lens is needed in order to fit the larger projector. If you want the flat style lens your only option is the original version.

·
Vendor
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another option for those looking for halos are these LED halos. Build to fit inside the 7" housings, these put out a bright white color similar to a 6000k bulb. They require a small hole to be drilled in the housing and some sealant to secure everything down.

This is a $50 upgrade and will be available in white (pictured), blue, or red.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I think I'm about to pull the trigger on this kit and ahve you build them for me. Guess I need to get my stock housings to you, huh?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you shoot me a quote for a already built set with a chrome shroud, angel eyes, and 35 & 55 AC ballasts?

Sent via flip'n Carrier Pigeon

·
Vendor
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do these projectors compare to moriomotos? also, what is the brand of housings that come with this kit
They are identical as far as I know, mine are not branded with that name though.

Also, do the projectors you use fit in the depo lights without modification?
No, I only use the lenses, the rest of the housings are tossed out. The DEPO lenses are cheaper than OEM lights, thats the only reason I use them.

1 - 20 of 432 Posts