JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mable Falls TX Anyone going out to HF on Tuesday November 24th? I've got family in and they wanted to hit some trails. Post up if anyone can be there to go out with us. I know the trails well just don't want to go out alone. I can always just find someone at the site but thought maybe someone else here might be off and looking for something to do.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Wish I could!

·
Registered
91 Posts
id gladly go on saturday. but currently im sitting in bed tending to my wisdom teeth that got pulled this morning. maybe another time man. message me if you find another weekend to go, ive never been wheeling anywhere but a couple local mud holes and those are getting boring.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id gladly go on saturday. but currently im sitting in bed tending to my wisdom teeth that got pulled this morning. maybe another time man. message me if you find another weekend to go, ive never been wheeling anywhere but a couple local mud holes and those are getting boring.
This is what you are missing!!!!!!! last HF trip

You can never really tell just how steep some of the hills are but here is a short vid of one that shows a steep climb. Just click on the picture:

Panoramic pic Lake Travis in the background.

You won't see this often but, we had a Jeep Commander out on some of the lighter trails. He did well and knew what to tackle and when to stop. I'm not so good at that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd reallllllly like to go sometime. But idk if i'd make it through everything. I have a 2 dr x with 33' nitto mud grapplers on a 3.5 inch skyjacker lift. i have an AEV snorkel and AEV hood, 2 kc headlights(soon to be 4). a warn ti9500 winch and soon to be PSC fenders. ive never done any sort of flexing on the skyjacker, im afraid its gonna break i guess. any advice or thoughts? ill post up pics once i get those flares installed, theyre in the mail.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would be surprised what you can do. If you go with someone that knows the trails you will be just fine. It would be great to learn about picking a line and using a spotter. Getting a strap when it's too difficult and using a bypass if it really is too much. It's the only way to know. You will wonder why you waited.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
haha well then i should be coming up soon, i assume you'd be willing to show me the ropes, riight? ;)
Anybody here on the forum will be more than happy to help out.

I don't mind going with a newer crowd and allowing everyone to take their time. Always great to see the "I had NO idea that my Jeep could do that" smile.

:beer:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah I'm just a senior in high school and my jeep only gets mods when I have time to work a wholeeee lot. Which wont be to much because of soccer season starting up here in a week. But hey, once that's over I'll try to do a couple more small mods to get it into shape for when you guys all take me out and show me around. I just finished painting the wheel wells tonight!! They look good, and I did it myself which is, as you all know, rewarding.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I just finished painting the wheel wells tonight!! They look good, and I did it myself which is, as you all know, rewarding.
Absolutely. :beer:

I picked up an angle grinder last week and have just been staring at the jeep, trying to figure out what all I want to start cutting and grinding- lmao.

FWIW- Painted wheel wells look so much better. Did mine last month and it really makes it look "right".

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Nice pics and video. HF is getting better all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts