JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up to a point, then back down.
OK, that is what the three of us did. The turn around spot was even damn frightening! I got really off camber and when I eased back on the gas my front end slid towards oblivion. It was probably the biggest pucker moment of the day and I was just trying to turn my dumb ass around.

Anyone else with a 6 speed hate coming out of 4LO back into 2HI after driving all day without thinking about the clutch? :laughing:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Death wish huh? That sounds like a lot of fun. Never been there bit sure wish I couldve made it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I think its a winch to the top trail. i know a couple people who made it up.
You can make it but it takes a big bump to get over that last ridge (took me many trys and that was with a good spotter). Then its very lose rock on a steap grade to the very top. I got out of shape on that last step and almost needed the new cage that I bought but haven't installed yet!

I'd say that lockers, at least one, are a must to get up Stonehenge.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can make it but it takes a big bump to get over that last ridge (took me many trys and that was with a good spotter). Then its very lose rock on a steap grade to the very top. I got out of shape on that last steep and almost needed the new cage that I bought but haven't installed yet!

I'd say that lockers, at least one, are a must to get up Stonehenge.
You are way, way, way more brave than I am. I was not even going to attempt it with a 2 door. Video?

Marcus

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
You are way, way, way more brave than I am. I was not even going to attempt it with a 2 door. Video?

Marcus
No, no video. Johnny from Atomic 4x4 invited me out for a half day run. He told me that we were just going to 'shake down' his buddies well built XJ. Ok, sounds nice and safe right? lol the guy drug us over nothing but level 5 trails that day.

Pic of our rigs on top by the tower.

Bottom line, I was scared shitless and didn't want to do it. Then I get out of shape on that last step and almost roll to the bottom. But John keeps moving me around and after several tries my KM2's get some bite and I make it up. Both XJ's with me also made it. Casy in the front office couldn't believe that we did that trail with DD rigs.

Anyone trying that trail just needs to be sure that they have a good spoter. We had some carnage that day, I bent a tierod, one XJ crushed a tail light and lost a rear shaft.

Nice pics that you posted Marcus. Wish that I could have been there but I had a photo shoot out of state. Its good that you had great weather:beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts