JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hellas converted over the weekend to hids , and I got to say damn what a difference , they are 35 watts ,6000 k
The guy who did them for me is in the socal area , http://gglighting.net/

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
have any beam pattern shots? cant really tell much by just looking into the light.

they do look sweet though :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Looks good, i like the way you have your light mounted on the bull bar. HIDs are definitely the way to go.

I just installed some, and it amazing how crappy they make the stock head lights look.

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
I like the Black Magics but I need some kind of bumper like that. This is a great post, thanks for sharing your experiences and pics. :beer:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
did you take that with a night shot on? also looks like the lights should be angled up more?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
did you take that with a night shot on? also looks like the lights should be angled up more?
No , I took them with my iPhone , I didn't angle them up more , because I wanted to drive with them on and so far I have not been pulled over yet and when I turned on my headlights it fills in all the dark area in the back

here is with the headlights on

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow .. that looks great! I was gonna do the same thing using the black Hellas and throwing in the HIDs. Good job! The lights look great and fill in the gaps great too.

Did you do HIDs in the headlights too - or are they the stock bulbs?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow .. that looks great! I was gonna do the same thing using the black Hellas and throwing in the HIDs. Good job! The lights look great and fill in the gaps great too.

Did you do HIDs in the headlights too - or are they the stock bulbs?
The headlights are HID to

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad you are liking your lights man. I am glad I could supply them to you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
No , I took them with my iPhone , I didn't angle them up more , because I wanted to drive with them on and so far I have not been pulled over yet and when I turned on my headlights it fills in all the dark area in the back
K, I don't normally say much about this... but I can't help my self. I honestly hope I read your post wrong and have misunderstood what you wrote. I'm not trying to be an ass. But if you're driving on the roads (highways, etc), using HID driving lights and NOT turning them off when there's oncoming traffic... then you're a complete asshole. Just saying. And if that is the case, I hope some cop tickets the shit outta you.

Even if they're pointed low, HID driving lights are ridiculously bright. HIDs in your headlights should be more than enough that you do not need some 6" HID lights to see up close. This is backed up by the fact that your headlights almost completely drown out the driving lights in your photo. Which means now they're for show, more than anything. I haven't even gone to the 75w HIDs I've ordered for my lights, and I turn mine off the moment there's oncoming traffic - regardless of how far away they are.

Imagine what that looks like coming towards you... especially if you're cresting a hill or any situation where you're higher than oncoming traffic. That's an accident just waiting to happen. I seriously hope you reconsider this, or that I've got it wrong.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No , you read it right , and like I said they are pointed low , if you stood in front of my jeep , the light that comes off the hella's doesn't even come off bright straight on at all , No blinding to on coming at all , really when you look at them straight on it just a blue glow , I would noT drive around blinding people on purpose , they are 35 watts in my hella's

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
K, I don't normally say much about this... but I can't help my self. I honestly hope I read your post wrong and have misunderstood what you wrote. I'm not trying to be an ass. But if you're driving on the roads (highways, etc), using HID driving lights and NOT turning them off when there's oncoming traffic... then you're a complete asshole. Just saying. And if that is the case, I hope some cop tickets the shit outta you.

Even if they're pointed low, HID driving lights are ridiculously bright. HIDs in your headlights should be more than enough that you do not need some 6" HID lights to see up close. This is backed up by the fact that your headlights almost completely drown out the driving lights in your photo. Which means now they're for show, more than anything. I haven't even gone to the 75w HIDs I've ordered for my lights, and I turn mine off the moment there's oncoming traffic - regardless of how far away they are.

Imagine what that looks like coming towards you... especially if you're cresting a hill or any situation where you're higher than oncoming traffic. That's an accident just waiting to happen. I seriously hope you reconsider this, or that I've got it wrong.
X2
I had an asshat in a TJ behind me for a ways last weekend running HID headlights and it was ridculous. He ended up next to me at a light and I had to ask him if he's been pulled over for them yet. He said no and that he had been running them for over a year. I nicely told him I was surprised considering how bright they were. He was oblivious to the fact I was trying to nicely tell him that his lights were obnoxious.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to upgrade to HID OFFROAD lights, I already upgraded to rallylights' Hella H4 conversion with harnesses and have a odd obsession with flashlights but HIDs not designed for the road do not belong on the road.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is wrong with HID headlights as long as they are pointed in the right direction , just like anything , it can be miss use , so if you do it right you won't blind people in any direction you are going

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
HIDs with DOT or ecode buckets specifically designed for them are fine. Wife's car has them and I love em. Most conversions just stick a HID in a bucket not designed for them and the light cannot be aimed as intended.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
X2
I had an asshat in a TJ behind me for a ways last weekend running HID headlights and it was ridculous. He ended up next to me at a light and I had to ask him if he's been pulled over for them yet. He said no and that he had been running them for over a year. I nicely told him I was surprised considering how bright they were. He was oblivious to the fact I was trying to nicely tell him that his lights were obnoxious.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to upgrade to HID OFFROAD lights, I already upgraded to rallylights' Hella H4 conversion with harnesses and have a odd obsession with flashlights but HIDs not designed for the road do not belong on the road.
I had a guy behind me the other night... had some Mitsubishi SUV... had HID's in stock lights... just about blinded me from behind... turned on my Vision X Solo's... he didn't stay behind me long... got in front of me and gave him a shot of my S4100's and D2's... DICK... I hate they guys that have them and don't have the proper lenses so the are a properly directed light... If it's done right... clean light that doesn't blind the drivers in front of them... no problem...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts