JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who here has them and what is your exact set up? I like my Delta Quad Bar lights but am not totally satisfied with the quality of them. I tried the search button but didn't find specific information on anybody's HID set ups. Thanks for your help. :beer:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Hella H4 buckets with a quality Bi-xenon HID kit..... can't remember the make

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
euro efx bixenon (high and low) and fogs as well, good set up, I wish the pigtails were longer for the feed to the bulbs to be able to get the boxes higher and out of the way even though they use weatherpack connectors. stock housings light is great, the fog lights alone put off more light than the high beams. I have the cebie set up laying on my study floor, I got tired of farting with the make your own relay kit stern sent and ordered this, figured when the bulbs go out ill get the hid bulbs for the cebies and the lights will probably be way better.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
euro efx bixenon (high and low) and fogs as well, good set up, I wish the pigtails were longer for the feed to the bulbs to be able to get the boxes higher and out of the way even though they use weatherpack connectors. stock housings light is great, the fog lights alone put off more light than the high beams. I have the cebie set up laying on my study floor, I got tired of farting with the make your own relay kit stern sent and ordered this, figured when the bulbs go out ill get the hid bulbs for the cebies and the lights will probably be way better.
Thanks for the quick reply :beer:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Did they directly bolt in, or did you have to make any modifications?
no mods to make the lamp housings fit

just about any 7" lamp housing will work in the JK. The notable exception being those bi-xenon lamps you can get for motorcycles XeR7s or something like that. The bodies on those are too deep (beause the starter/ballast are integrated into the rear of the lamp and make the whole thing deeper) and you will have to move the impact sensor for the airbags to make them fit depth-wise.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no mods to make the lamp housings fit

just about any 7" lamp housing will work in the JK. The notable exception being those bi-xenon lamps you can get for motorcycles XeR7s or something like that. The bodies on those are too deep (beause the starter/ballast are integrated into the rear of the lamp and make the whole thing deeper) and you will have to move the impact sensor for the airbags to make them fit depth-wise.
Have you had any issues with moisture building up inside the hella lamp housings?

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Have you had any issues with moisture building up inside the hella lamp housings?
no. I was concerned because they are vented but since they supposedly work so well with patterning HID, I went ahead and got them. Been a year and I've never even noticed moisture and extremely happy.

I'm sure condensation can occur but I've not noticed any.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no. I was concerned because they are vented but since they supposedly work so well with patterning HID, I went ahead and got them. Been a year and I've never even noticed moisture and extremely happy.

I'm sure condensation can occur but I've not noticed any.
Did you ever try the HID bulbs in the stock housings?

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Did you ever try the HID bulbs in the stock housings?
No, the stockers weren't designed for HID and will scatter the light too much. Not only are they inefficient for HID they will bother oncoming drivers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts