JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hipoint are bottom of the barrel for pistols..i personally steer clear of them..in tx to take a concealed handgun class they won't let u use a highpoint because of the problems they have..sometimes. I'd steer clear of it if it were me..stick with a little bit better name. S&w or taurus has a few that aren't too much higher than that price

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Hipoint are bottom of the barrel for pistols..i personally steer clear of them..in tx to take a concealed handgun class they won't let u use a highpoint because of the problems they have..sometimes. I'd steer clear of it if it were me..stick with a little bit better name. S&w or taurus has a few that aren't too much higher than that price
x2
Good advice. On a budget Taurus should be on your list.
I am a big fan of Glock. I carry one everywhere it's allowed. My 1911 Kimber needs more attention to stay cc ready but it's got a great trigger.

What are you wanting to use the weapon for... Conceal carry, home defense , plinking, just adding to the safe?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Highpoint firearms is like holding an explosive ready to detonate. It's only a matter of time before something goes wrong and they are not easy to fix. They destroy themselves.

Go for something far better and save a few pennies more. You'll be far more happy. :beer:

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a glock 22..probably getting a smaller frame to have as a cosealable..either looking at a h&k usp frame, a springfield xd, or a ruger sr9c....idk yet...it will be a 9mm..i like my 40 but the 9 is cheaper to shoot

·
Registered
351 Posts
You get what you pay for. There is a reason they are a $150 gun you can find them used for 100 bux or less.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
if you are wanting to use it as a range gun and kill paper with. then buy it and get some ammo then go have fun. find out what you dont like about it educate yourself more then sell it and get a better gun down the road.

if you want to protect your life or peoples lives you care about then do not get this gun. you would be better off throwing the gun at the enemy's head than relying on it to work when you need it.

just like Jeep parts you get what you pay for. Also remember that the gun is the cheep part of shooting. when you add in ammo cost and all the other fun stuff it adds up quick.

personally i like my H&K
34%
http://flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/fZv443

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
They are a brick.

but a brick that goes bang every time.

they are cheap, feel like crap, top heavy and ugly as sin. But they work :laughing:

I do not own one but have been tempted to get one just as a beater. But I keep finding deals on 1st gen S&W Sigma's and seeing as I have perfected unfawking them I have had no need to :D
(BTW the 1st gen Sigma is the 2nd most hated gun on the internet only to the Hi-Point. And it is a Glock clone no matter what Glock owners will argue about it)

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
this has been beat to death in another thread on here.

plenty of people who have never had one will tell you theyre crap

the ones that have one will generally tell you it's ugly but goes bang every time.

are there better guns?
hell yes

is it a dangerous POS that will blow your hand off and kill every kitten in the neighborhood, cause global warming and bend your axles?
no.

Have they had failures? yup
so have glocks, s&w, Sig, etc etc.

It is what it is, an ugly, inexpensive firearm that's a pain in the ass to clean.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
They are a brick.

but a brick that goes bang every time.

they are cheap, feel like crap, top heavy and ugly as sin. But they work :laughing:

I do not own one but have been tempted to get one just as a beater. But I keep finding deals on 1st gen S&W Sigma's and seeing as I have perfected unfawking them I have had no need to :D
(BTW the 1st gen Sigma is the 2nd most hated gun on the internet only to the Hi-Point. And it is a Glock clone no matter what Glock owners will argue about it)
You mean you figured out how to make them a gun and not an expensive paper weight? Please elaborate even if it's by pm I know where there is a sigma for like $150

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
You mean you figured out how to make them a gun and not an expensive paper weight? Please elaborate even if it's by pm I know where there is a sigma for like $150
S&W added extra springs in the trigger pack to make the pull heavier to make safety nuts happy, making the gun a turd. search my screen name and sigma and you will pull up hits on pirate4x4 that show how to fix this.
I also showed how to dye the grey framed ones, add a light rail, replace the guide rod with a glock 17 steel one (not really needed) and what areas on the slide to polish to make it all slick and shit (its the same surfaces that are done on a glock)

I also did the "Sigma Challange" where I sent that pig around the country to be abused and it did not die :laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.