JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would assume that like most things from smittybilt, It's made in China with enough cosmetic "tweaks" to pass as not a total rip off copy of the Hi-lift. But to be honest I have never used a smitybilt let alone seen one but I'd say like in most cases, you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Not much a price difference when I bought mine.
I chose Hi Lift, a better known company for jacks as well as accessories.
Besides if your in the boonies stuck which would you rather have?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I would assume that like most things from smittybilt, It's made in China with enough cosmetic "tweaks" to pass as not a total rip off copy of the Hi-lift. But to be honest I have never used a smitybilt let alone seen one but I'd say like in most cases, you get what you pay for...
Get the Hilift
I second all that. better to get the right product the first time thats been proven time and time again!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
This type of jack is an extremely dangerous tool that can kill if it fails. Don't look to save a couple bucks here. Even if you get the Hi-lift brand, maintain it well.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I just bought my 3rd Hi-lift, in my garage I have my grandfathers Hi-lift, has to be 40 years old from his wheeling days in upstate Maine. His old jack is pretty beat up and the finish is gone, but not only does it still work, but design wise you can't tell the old one from the new one I just bought.

That has to tell you something. Stick with the high lift.

Oh, yeah, I had a finish problem with the last one I bought, they just replaced it, no problem, great service, nice people to deal with also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts