JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Pictured is my dog, Snoopy, a 2013 JK. It's been a lot of fun but I have a slight problem. We don't live under California rules here in Texas so there's no need for the vapor lock box in the rear of the vehicle, The problem is the sensor. Is there a way to bypass this sensor so that I don't keep on getting a "gascap" warning light or a P0456 warning?
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

Hood Motor vehicle Window Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Have you replaced the gas cap? If not, crawl under the jeep to the gas tank. Reach up to where the hoses enter the tank and see if the vent line has broken off. Another plastic part of awesome brittleness like the crap "O" bushing for the stock transfer cable. If it is not this, it may be at another location like at the evap can. Wait, wasn't there some drama with the 2012-ish and up years and the evap stuff that happened causing this back in the day? May want to do a search for evp issues and see.

Needless to say, some have had (More) success by dropping the tank and drilling (partially) through the broke off fitting and gluing in a brass barbed gas fitting. Mine didn't go so well so I had to replace the freaking tank. Luckily the shop that i just had my gears done at had a nice shiny 1 year old one from his unlimited build that i got dirt cheap, thank the jeep gods because otherwise it was going to be crazy expensive.

Not sure if any of this is your case and helps or not but hopefully it can help someone when it possibly comes up in a search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping that there was a way to bypass the sensor electrically, some way to tell the computer that the sensor is OK. Maybe a wire connected to the outlet to one of the other connectors in the plug that connects to the sensor? The question is, which ones do I do the jump with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts