JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF.

I really do not get what goes around here sometimes. It would be nice if people would think before hitting the "enter" button. That said, this site is a form of entertainment. Works pretty well sometimes too. So, my e-vote goes to no HGTDs, no Closed Threads, and no Edits, except for imperfect spelling.

A good e-slug fest around here a couple times a day serves to keep the reckless rift-raft out and provides the entertainment value for the site. While I agree that the MODs should get with the business in other areas of the site, Dirty Laundry and Chit Chat should be left to let the members administer the justice.

And what goes on over on the JeepForum, or Pirate, for that matter, don't go around here. JAPJEEP - MODS saved your ass.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
WTF.

I really do not get what goes around here sometimes. It would be nice if people would think before hitting the "enter" button. That said, this site is a form of entertainment. Works pretty well sometimes too. So, my e-vote goes to no HGTDs, no Closed Threads, and no Edits, except for imperfect spelling.

A good e-slug fest around here a couple times a day serves to keep the reckless rift-raft out and provides the entertainment value for the site. While I agree that the MODs should get with the business in other areas of the site, Dirty Laundry and Chit Chat should be left to let the members administer the justice.

And what goes on over on the JeepForum, or Pirate, for that matter, don't go around here. JAPJEEP - MODS saved your ass.
I would have liked to see that one die on its own after reading seven pages in the middle of the night and trying to understand the issue. :cwm13: but dragging a personal beef over from jeepforum wasn't going to net him any positive results.

On the other issues I'm a firm believer in what's said can't be unsaid. At least one somebody is going to read it before it's edited. But not allowing HGTD or a person to edit his/her own post is ridiculous, entertainment value or not. Maybe I'm different but if I see something posted that seems totally wrong I may call them out but I will intentionally not quote in case they choose to retract it.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Glad I got my "asshole" in before it was closed because that was inevitable...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have liked to see that one die on its own after reading seven pages in the middle of the night and trying to understand the issue. :cwm13: but dragging a personal beef over from jeepforum wasn't going to net him any positive results.

On the other issues I'm a firm believer in what's said can't be unsaid. At least one somebody is going to read it before it's edited. But not allowing HGTD or a person to edit his/her own post is ridiculous, entertainment value or not. Maybe I'm different but if I see something posted that seems totally wrong I may call them out but I will intentionally not quote in case they choose to retract it.
Actually, the beef started here. And with respect to what you think a thread would or should net the OP, he rolled the dice, why not let it net him whatever.

And really this thread topic is about two choices, 1) members should not HGTD or do Mass Edits, and if they do they should be heckled mercilessly, and 2) MODS should not close threads in Dirty Laundry or Chit Chat. No one said anything about not allowing anything. It is about choices, members should choose wisely, and expect consequences, and MODS should allow the process to work the issue out.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Actually, the beef started here. And with respect to what you think a thread would or should net the OP, he rolled the dice, why not let it net him whatever.

And really this thread topic is about two choices, 1) members should not HGTD or do Mass Edits, and if they do they should be heckled mercilessly, and 2) MODS should not close threads in Dirty Laundry or Chit Chat. No one said anything about not allowing anything. It is about choices, members should choose wisely, and expect consequences, and MODS should allow the process to work the issue out.
#1 as you just stated it has always been an unwritten rule. I thought that was a given.

#2, I think we are in agreement there too.

/thread lol

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
I think the balance we have here currently works.

Not looking for a "pirate reputation" either... We are our own community.

It's rare threads get closed and even more rare that they go by by and when they do it may be for more reasons than one might be aware of. That's a call we don't make lightly... And at the end I the day we aren't running g for Mayor so we are not courting g your vote.

As for HGTD.. That is entirely the OP's decision, always has been a d always will be.

BTW.. I had one in the toilet this morning that made me say... 'Merica! Fuck Yea!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
It wasn't going to die on it's own before RK would've felt inclined to jump in in an attempt to defend themselves ( and there was no need for them to have to do that).

I read through the pages and made my decision to close it based on everyone's best interest... not the members that had no dog in the fight, but rather the two parties involved in the dispute.

Kinda sad, kinda funny... that there is such a bored blood lust on here, that the torches get lit over the most insignificant things. I turn a blind-eye to so many things that get posted here in all sections. JKO has always been very loosely moderated and I personally ( as well as doc, Hit, Marcy, etc..) continue to allow so many things to ride.

So bad mouth and bash me all you like. I have been so minimally involved in the huge majority of rantings, arguments, complaints, bashing, etc, etc, etc... that it really doesn't bother me anymore that I will never satisfy everyone on here... especially those of you with nothing to gain from standing up for a certain topic of discussion that doesn't even affect you.

It could be so much different and I could be much more involved than I am, but I digress... as there will always be someone that feels the need to interject their disapproval no matter what I do or don't do. I have no need to justify this latest "injustice" as some of you see it. I explained it in the closed thread, and I stand by my decision.

I'm sure that you can dig up something else meaningful to bitch about... or not. That's up to y'all. Just remember that there is no other Jeep forum out there that would give you so much "freedom" to bash mods, admin, members, and vendors... as what you are entitled to on here.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the balance we have here currently works.

Not looking for a "pirate reputation" either... We are our own community.

It's rare threads get closed and even more rare that they go by by and when they do it may be for more reasons than one might be aware of. That's a call we don't make lightly... And at the end I the day we aren't running g for Mayor so we are not courting g your vote.

As for HGTD.. That is entirely the OP's decision, always has been a d always will be.

BTW.. I had one in the toilet this morning that made me say... 'Merica! Fuck Yea!
It wasn't going to die on it's own before RK would've felt inclined to jump in in an attempt to defend themselves ( and there was no need for them to have to do that).

I read through the pages and made my decision to close it based on everyone's best interest... not the members that had no dog in the fight, but rather the two parties involved in the dispute.

Kinda sad, kinda funny... that there is such a bored blood lust on here, that the torches get lit over the most insignificant things. I turn a blind-eye to so many things that get posted here in all sections. JKO has always been very loosely moderated and I personally ( as well as doc, Hit, Marcy, etc..) continue to allow so many things to ride.

So bad mouth and bash me all you like. I have been so minimally involved in the huge majority of rantings, arguments, complaints, bashing, etc, etc, etc... that it really doesn't bother me anymore that I will never satisfy everyone on here... especially those of you with nothing to gain from standing up for a certain topic of discussion that doesn't even affect you.

It could be so much different and I could be much more involved than I am, but I digress... as there will always be someone that feels the need to interject their disapproval no matter what I do or don't do. I have no need to justify this latest "injustice" as some of you see it. I explained it in the closed thread, and I stand by my decision.

I'm sure that you can dig up something else meaningful to bitch about... or not. That's up to y'all. Just remember that there is no other Jeep forum out there that would give you so much "freedom" to bash mods, admin, members, and vendors... as what you are entitled to on here.
This thread wasn't started to bash MODs but, to make a simple point. Both of you make decisions that effect pocketbooks when Yellow Stars are involved. You Mod some things and not others......

Example, that abortion of a fucking thread that you both allowed Rugged Ridge's ball joint product release to turn into. WTF are you thinking allowing users in there to bash a vendor who is attempting to announce a new product in an appropriate JKO sub-forum?

So, the simple point, your Mod choices are sometimes confusing and can lead to the same with consumers who come here to make purchasing decisions. Get it?

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
I usually only respond to things that were reported to me... So just because your e-motions got all worked up over the thread, the OP whom you are not, didn't feel intervention necessary because they did not report it.

Contrary to why you may think, it's the actual parties involved in a situation that are the concern, not all the drama lamas that flock to the thread.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Contrary to why you may think, it's the actual parties involved in a situation that are the concern, not all the drama lamas that flock to the thread.
And contrary to your shallow ass-covering, I buy a lot of products from vendors here so, to suggest that mis-information and intentional polluting a marketing thread is not of concern to other parties is lameness your highness.

·
RIP Brad
3,762 Posts
when Yellow Stars are involved
Your thread is gay. But......

This fucking point is so blindingly true and one of the reasons I stopped posting here as much as I used to.

The really funny thing is that most would probably agree... but let me open a thread complaining about a favorite vendor... and they quickly become *you*.

Confused?, think Currie. Ironic, huh? :thefinger:

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
I confused ... You think you can't start a thread with legit complaints against certain "favorite" vendors?

When has that ever happened? And I am curious as to who you think are "favorite" vendors? And whom are they favorites of? Me? And how you think they became my favorite vendors?

I have my assumptions as to your a answers but would really like to see you spell them out in writing here cause I call bullshit.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your thread is gay. But......

This fucking point is so blindingly true and one of the reasons I stopped posting here as much as I used to.

The really funny thing is that most would probably agree... but let me open a thread complaining about a favorite vendor... and they quickly become *you*.

Confused?, think Currie. Ironic, huh? :thefinger:
I think I get your point and it serves my point equally as well. Members do like what they own, that is natural but, running another vendor into the dirt who sells a product that you don't own is no bueno.

You choose to open a thread about a particular vendor and run the gauntlet. Two days later the thread dies a natural death. Problem solved through a good debate.

And I assure you, Currie isn't my favorite vendor, and while I respect your opinions related to your personal history with them, the drama llamas, as Hit would have it, that come behind to pile on is the problem.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts