JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my name is mike. uhh i am 13, but if that bothers people, please, let me know. though i think i am mature for my age. i am envolved with the local republican party. umm the main reason i joined this fourm is so i become familiur with the jeep jk. my mom currently has one, and says it will be mine if i do good in school, most likely :) so far, there are very few minor mods to the jeep. i put a chrome grill on it, from mopar. moms idea, but looks great on black. then i threw some chrome tubualr side steps from mopar on. also, we have a 16ft camper, therefore we had a reese hitch professionally installed. thats it for now lol. ohh and by the way, i convinced her to go the whole nine yards and buy the rubicon edition :smokin: it is black, with the standard softop and is the unlimited version.

my backround: those of you might be asking, hey, doenst this kid have a dad to work on the jeep? sadly no. he passed away of january 06. so, its me and my mom living together. I am 13 years old, again, if this bothers you, please let me know. umm, i do a thing called bmx. its basically motocross, but on a bicycle.

Jeep specs: i am not totally clue less when it comes to cars. our jeep is a 4 speed automatic 2007 jk rubi unlimited. it has power windows, possibly engine block ehater, though, i dont think so, since we live at the shore. umm, i think its standard for the rubicons to have dana44's front and rear. we have a softtop currently. we sometimes pull a CUB 16ft hybrid camper. in this case, hybrid emans that it is a full metal camper with pop-out beds front an rear, so it comes to around 3,200lbs.

alright, well, again, if this annoys people that im 13, please let me know. trust me, i wont let all kinds of kids findout about this site becasue of me. i joined it to keep uptodate, and possible learn some about jeeps new treasure, the jk. alright, well, take care now, thanks

please excuse my poor spelling

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is deffinetly a good reward for completing school. Shoot, if I was given a Rubicon for completing school I just may have, lol :laughing:

Anyway, if people have a problem with you just cause you are 13 that is their shortcoming. If they have a problem with you cause of something you say, the rules of douchebagery are applicable regardless of age and is a flameable offense :grinpimp:
"douchebagery." That's a new one for me.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
"douchebagery." That's a new one for me.
douchebaggery

1)The philosophy held by douchebags, holding that no one other than themselves (or perhaps their close associates) matters in the least bit, and thus that other human beings can and should be treated like complete excrement for little or no reason (and often for selfish reasons). Closely related to fascism, which has been practiced by control freaks such as Adolf Hitler.
-The act of putting this philosophy into practice.

2. Douchebaggery
Presenting one's self in a manner that inspires those around you to wish death and/or serious injury upon you.
Those four guys should be shot for committing such unrelenting douchebaggery.

3. douchebaggery
1. The act of behaving like a douchebag.
2. Sensless behaviour
see:
ballyhoo
tomfoolery
Please refrain from discussing your BMW or IPod any further and end this douchebaggery.

4. douchebaggery
The greatest word of all time, simple yet pleasing in its onomatopoeic beauty. For one to commit douchebaggery, he/she is not limited to but may include some or perhaps all of the following behaviors:

- the wearing of flat-billed baseball caps backwards
- using an enormous amount of gel to spike the hair porcupine style
- wearing polo shirts or any other type of shirt with the collar popped, a disgusting gesture that should've died in the 1980s with parachute pants
- the sideways peace sign gesture
- overdone pursing of the lips
- too many visits to the tanning salon
- pointing at oneself, holding up beer cans, or making other obscenely immature gestures in solo or group photos
- following trends for the sake of fitting in (see "goatee")
- adding "The" or the suffix "-ster" to one's name, as in "The Rickster"

See Guido or perhaps frat boy for more. Essentially, "douchebaggery" is one of those things as easily understood by definition as it is by one's demonstrations of it.
At least guys with mullets can cut their hair, but there seems to be no cure for the douchebaggery exhibited by frat boys overcompensating for their small members.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is deffinetly a good reward for completing school. Shoot, if I was given a Rubicon for completing school I just may have, lol :laughing:

Anyway, if people have a problem with you just cause you are 13 that is their shortcoming. If they have a problem with you cause of something you say, the rules of douchebagery are applicable regardless of age and is a flameable offense :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hey. welcome to the forum> I for one don't care if you are 13. Its good to see the Jeep bug starting so early.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but it sounds like you and your mom are close and thats important. Keep up the hard work in school and make the right decisions in life to make things easier on her and yourself and you will end up a better person and get a Rubicon to boot....you can't beat that with a stick.

Sounds like you have your head on pretty tite, so hang out and learn all you can about Jeeps, and stay out of the Chat forum, there are prolly things in there that a 13yo shouldn't see :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry about your Dad. You have been handed a real raw deal, but keep your head up and do your best. Work hard in school and take care of your Mom. All the rest is less important. No one here cares about your age, so don't let it be an issue for you. You will find that most of the people here are willing to teach you if you are willing to listen. You sound like a pretty sharp guy, so keep posting, and learning. We are all doing the same thing and most of us are "old guys". Everyone has something worthwhile to contribute, and that includes you.
Best regards from another Mike.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Welcome. As others have said your age is no big deal. There is a lot of things you can learn on here so don’t be afraid to ask if you cant find the information. There might be members close to you to help out with things or take you and your mom on a ride sometime. Keep up the hard work in school and keep your mom company and help her out as much as you can.

On a side note, I was about your age when I got into cars. I helped my brother restore a 73’ F100 truck and well… its all down hill after that :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a great deal. I plan on doing my JK up nicely, then giving it to my niece her senior year...if she keeps her grades up.

Stick around here and we'll have you up to speed on that Jeep in no time!

I apologize, in advance, for my foul mouth.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. yeah i thought it would be smart if i got familiar with the jeep so by time i get it, ill be the first senior with a lifted jeep and a 350 smallblock haha. i mean i know some stuff, like the axels and transfer case, but, like i dont know what esp means, stuff like that. i know this isnt the section to post that but, it was an example lol

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8539/jeepagainye7.jpg

the jeep when we first went wheeling. our campground is right next to a big mudpit thing, and i got my mom to go for it lol

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I lost my mother to liver cancer a few years ago...SUPPORT is EVERYTHING, and you should get plenty on this board...Sounds like your mom and you have a great relationship and I'm sure that you BOTH need to have each others support and guidance thru the tough times. You are obviously a smart guy and from the jeep pics...mom aint too shabby either. She would also be very welcome on this site as well. The people here are genuine and helpful beyond belief. Please...just don't start pointing out all the grammatical errors as that would encompass too much of your valuble time. BTW...the ESP/ BAS refers to the elec. stability control/braking system...they work in conjunction w/ one another and the JK is the first "true jeep" that has it. WELCOME!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
on the ESP note. It stays on in 4HI, turns off in 4LO. You can turn it off in 4HI by holding down the ESP button till it dings. It is suggested to turn it off for mud because it will stop wheel spin... for me I pretty much use 2wd and 4LO so I dont worry with it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh alrightt hanks man. and yeah, im not like that, so dont worry about that, hell i make grammer mistakes too lol. so its all good, and sorry to hear bout ur mom man, god bless

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hey justakid...welcome! :beer: <-- non-alcoholic :D

As mentioned, your age doesn't matter. You share the same interest as all of us and that's all that matters here. We'll be glad to give you a hand. Lot's of very knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to help. I've been to other forums where some of the "older" members act like kids sometimes. You seem pretty level-headed so you'll do well here.

Sorry to hear about your dad. That's a tough part of life to go through.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys, u all got me a warm welcoming. and since u guys dont mind me being 13, i think ima tag around, if its ok, look and post some questions. like i said, i would prefer to be familer with the jeep 4 years in advanced, so its not all new jazz that i have to learn over night.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
This is so awesome!

When i was your age, I was tinkering with VW bugs in my friends garage!

I had to wait till this year for the Jeep bug to bite me!

Welcome to the site!

Adam

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Welcome and don’t worry about the age. It sounds like you are doing things the right way, learn about this before you go out and do it.

On a side note WTF LOL what’s the problem with goatees?:thefinger:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome, I think it's pretty awesome that you are getting to know your mom's Jeep now. There is someone I know a lot like you in that respect and is waiting for his Jeep from his mom.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts