JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back to check if any of the old guys were still hanging around JKO. Kind of gather that a lot of shit went down, shame. Anyway if any of you are still here and still take trips through the pines let me know. Recently bought a JK again its still stock but would love to take a trip one of these days.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Came back to check if any of the old guys were still hanging around JKO. Kind of gather that a lot of shit went down, shame. Anyway if any of you are still here and still take trips through the pines let me know. Recently bought a JK again its still stock but would love to take a trip one of these days.
Pines are pretty well patrolled lately from what I gathered. You might be disappointed if you haven't gone down in years.
With that said I had fun last time I went but I probably could have had just as much fun in a 2wd truck.
basically they've cracked down a lot on going through water holes and crap like that. I couldn't find a single trail off the main roads that weren't marked up with atleast two separate signs which doesn't physically stop anyone but I saw a decent amount of park rangers too.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pines are pretty well patrolled lately from what I gathered. You might be disappointed if you haven't gone down in years.
With that said I had fun last time I went but I probably could have had just as much fun in a 2wd truck.
basically they've cracked down a lot on going through water holes and crap like that. I couldn't find a single trail off the main roads that weren't marked up with atleast two separate signs which doesn't physically stop anyone but I saw a decent amount of park rangers too.
Ah, that' s too bad.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Like anywhere, there is a set of rules to follow. They now have a MAP plan, that includes a map of routes/trails that are off limits and trails that are still vehicle accessible. Follow it and you are good....stray and pay if caught.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Like anywhere, there is a set of rules to follow. They now have a MAP plan, that includes a map of routes/trails that are off limits and trails that are still vehicle accessible. Follow it and you are good....stray and pay if caught.
The map is pretty crappy IMO. I'm pretty decent at following maps but some of the actual trails didn't match up to the MAP. Also some that seemed to be allowed on the map had signs on each side of the trial saying they were off limits.

Also the signs they post are unclear as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The signs are just posted randomly on trails, they are not specific to that particular road. The map is easy to follow. If you happen to have the Maplets app, you can download a copy that is GPS enabled and can see exactly where you are. If you are using the paper printed map and are caught in an area where you honestly thought you were legal, a written warning of the offense is usually all you will receive. Professional courtesy goes a long way. Act like a jerkoff and they will treat you as such. There are still plenty of decent trails to be driven on, just not the usual mud bogs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The signs are just posted randomly on trails, they are not specific to that particular road. The map is easy to follow. If you happen to have the Maplets app, you can download a copy that is GPS enabled and can see exactly where you are. If you are using the paper printed map and are caught in an area where you honestly thought you were legal, a written warning of the offense is usually all you will receive. Professional courtesy goes a long way. Act like a jerkoff and they will treat you as such. There are still plenty of decent trails to be driven on, just not the usual mud bogs.
We did get passed by park rangers where we weren't sure if the spot we were at was legal. We weren't being a-holes so he just waved as we waved and went along his business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts