JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding.

While doing some research on under seat storage I came across these.

A Little pricy but I pulled the trigger.
They are called “dirt bagz” and I’m impressed.
They come in a “kit” of two bags. The bags are designed to fit under your rear seat on each side.

Bags have heavy duty zippers, and are made out of what I would call rubberized nylon.

I’ll be using one bag for my recovery gear, the other for a “trail” tool kit.

The vendor I ordered from even sent a “free” head rest bag.

Still new so I can offer a long term review but I’m really pleased so far.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Random Dude
3,014 Posts
I’ll post a couple more pix in a bit.

I’ll look for a link as well.

In the mean time try Jeep swag dot com.

Edit:
Hope this doesn’t break any rules.
This is where I placed my order.
Dirt Bagz 4-Door Jeep JK Black in Back Storage Bagz | JeepSWAG
I don't think JKO discriminates against non-vendors, but Woods is a vendor here :laughing:

Here's his vendor thread with recent-ish activity: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/jk-new-product-news/3181-jeepswag-product-update-page.html

EDIT: damn, that thread is coming up on 10 years old :eek: . . . :rockon:

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
They are a good product, I just use the bag that RCV sent me and a craftsman tool bag that a guy at work was going to throw away.
Hmm...

I did not experience RCVsending me a bag :question:

As Gunny mentioned here, I use a tool-bag,also. I haven't been able to find the model again as I was searching for another after realizing the one I have used for going-on 8 years is quite durable (& thus,worth having a 2nd ) and holds a lot of stuff . It's a waterproof Husky duffle that I don't think is made any more :

(edit: I meant to add that I had seen and considered one of those Dominion Off Road / JeepSwag Dirtbags last year. Seems a cool storage addition.)

:jeep2:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm...

I did not experience RCVsending me a bag :question:

As Gunny mentioned here, I use a tool-bag,also. I haven't been able to find the model again as I was searching for another after realizing the one I have used for going-on 8 years is quite durable (& thus,worth having a 2nd ) and holds a lot of stuff . It's a waterproof Husky duffle that I don't think is made any more :

(edit: I meant to add that I had seen and considered one of those Dominion Off Road / JeepSwag Dirtbags last year. Seems a cool storage addition.)

I like the fact that they are sized/designed to fit in that space under the rear seat.

It’s easy to stuff things under the seat but these will keep whatever you put under there contained.
Nothing rolling around on the up/down hills.
Let’s face it, Jeep storage is limited, and having something that makes good use of what little we have is a good thing.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
I like the fact that they are sized/designed to fit in that space under the rear seat.

It’s easy to stuff things under the seat but these will keep whatever you put under there contained.
Nothing rolling around on the up/down hills.
Let’s face it, Jeep storage is limited, and having something that makes good use of what little we have is a good thing.

Cheers
yeah, under the rears was a great storage spot until I began storing my HiLift under there.
The only other thing I can get under there now are some coveralls and recovery gear and wet/dry bag of extra socks,tshirts etc...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, under the rears was a great storage spot until I began storing my HiLift under there.

The only other thing I can get under there now are some coveralls and recovery gear and wet/dry bag of extra socks,tshirts etc...

I get it but holy crap, plenty of other places for the Jack.
Storage is at a premium, I gotta use it up the best I can.
That’s the beauty of these bags IMO.

CHEERS
:{)

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
I get it but holy crap, plenty of other places for the Jack.
Storage cis at a premium, I gotta use it up the best I can.
That’s the beauty of these bags IMO.

CHEERS
:{)
actually, when I shifted to the 37” spare in cargo area with the 60% side of rear bench seat laid down (the 40% section remains upright as a seat or cooler storage) , with fastback soft top and no rear bumper ( plus I’m not into the jack on exterior) there weren’t a lot of other locations & underseat was the logical storage for the hilift since I rarely use it . It was the 60” “xtreme” or whatever model so I even had to cut it to 53” to allow the thing to go under. But I know what ya mean.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a set of the wheel well bags for recovery gear and fluids. They make use of wasted space and work with or without the rear seat down. The plus side is your recovery gear is handy. Can't tell you how many times I've seen people bury their most gear when they wheel.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just bought a set. Do they move around alot with the doors off? Is there amy way to anchor it down?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late response.

I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now.

Mine don’t seem to move around at all.
One is very heavy as it’s full of tools.

I have my recovery gear in the other and it’s much lighter but doesn’t move either.

If mine did move around, I’d put some of of the “loop” side of Velcro on the bottom of them.
I still have carpet.

Regardless it hasn’t been an issue at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.