JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The mopar supercenter has the HESCO supercharger kit. Its at http://www.moparsupercenter.com/3-8l-jeep-supercharger-kit-hes3-8lsckit.html?cat=776 If you go into the jeep section under 07 JK it has the picture and the price. These guys are really helpfull. I was just wondering if this was a good price. Let me know what you all think.
I'm trying to get some nice mods going. I also own a YJ and a TJ. Just sold my 78 cj-5.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That price is the same as on the HESCO website, so I guess that makes it a good price. GO FOR IT! I'm goin to. :beer:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I knew the Hesco guys kept saying that Jeep had their kit and a couple other super chargers. I was under the impression they were deciding on which one to offer. Now we know. :bounce:

Oh and with the UniChip and having Jon at Hesco program a little extra curve "B" side of the chip I am able to also increase some low end torque. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate all the input so the price is good than. I just hapen to run across this site. Talked to them and they were very informitive. Awnsered all my ?'s:thefinger:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I have been told that Bennie holds a land speed record for a 6cylinder. So I'd imagine Bennie knows about going fast. ;)

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
For me with the Auto it was a must have. I kept tripping the throttle position sensor and have it stall out momentarily when hammering on the throttle. Everyday use this wasn't an issue. I am now back to the B side programming and am digging the looks I get when the 4-door running 37's zips past people on up hill climbs. In my humble opinion, it was worth it. Now I just have to kill that chime for the crank position sensor because the aggressive B side programming and the auto tranny trip the CPS error. I should also note that using the aggressive B side of the UniChip has also eliminated the hard on the throttle uphill stall bug that I got AFTER having the stall fix flash done. :pissed: So yes I am sold on the UniChip.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I heard Hesco was comin out with a new compressor that will make more bottom end. You heard anything Michael?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I suppose we can ask. I have not heard that. I know the UniChip on the B side helps in the bottom end but short of changing pulley sizes then having even more PSI on the top end I don't know, but then again I'm not a engine guy. Next time I talk with Jon I'll ask.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
HESCO power- and torque-curves

90hp would be nice on or offroad. Exspeacially in the mountains. My TJ has crap for power on steep grades:pissed:
Has anyone seen power and torque curves before and after the supercharger??? 90hp at 5500RPM may not justify $5k.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Has anyone seen power and torque curves before and after the supercharger??? 90hp at 5500RPM may not justify $5k.
If you like we can race. :grinpimp:

Actually I think it is a great bang for the buck. $55 per pony is not that bad of a deal. I heavily considered the 6.1 swap but couldn't justify the cost per pony on that one plus the inevitable chasing your tail as you replace parts not up to the torque. Not dissing the 6.1 mind you, but if going that route I should have just bought a 2wd body rather than a Rubicon. ;)

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I don't see why not. You might want to use a reprogrammer though to reset your tire size with the gears, particularly if you have the auto. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
My thought is that since I have a manual transmission and 4.10's the extra ponies will turn the 35's just fine without regearing. This is my first Jeep, there is much to learn.... How has the supercharger affected gas mileage? I have read that it actually increases mileage but I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry guy's haven't been online in a while.

Yes we will soon be testing a 2 speed compressor that will increase low end boost.:bounce:

I also have made new calibrations for the unichip for use on the base kit's.

And we are working with computer reflashing to really wake up the jeep and remove some of the torque management from pulling our power from us. :pissed: As well as timing and fuel calibrations.

We have sold about 50 kits so far and are always making improvements and looking for more power and better economy.

I have over 12,000 boosted miles on mine and another customer has over 22,000 last time I heard.

Jon :beer:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oooooh Cool!

So what's the upgrade path like? :devil:
Not sure yet. Let me make sure its works before I start getting you guy's excited.

I'm working on a fix for the throttle light first. Some jeeps run awesome without even a hickup and some throw a throttle light at wide open throttle. We will fix this issue.

Second is computer programing...including tire size,trans shift points and pressure etc. This is an ongoing process and we may need a guy in Colorado to be a test pig. :D

·
Registered
962 Posts
Not sure yet. Let me make sure its works before I start getting you guy's excited.

I'm working on a fix for the throttle light first. Some jeeps run awesome without even a hickup and some throw a throttle light at wide open throttle. We will fix this issue.

Second is computer programing...including tire size,trans shift points and pressure etc. This is an ongoing process and we may need a guy in Colorado to be a test pig. :D
You meant to say Oklahoma:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts