JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Broker by the Minute
1,361 Posts
I installed my own Hesco Super Charger and I'm not a mechanic nor do I play one on TV. ;)

The install was simple. Even I could follow along and I didn't even have extra parts left over.

The performance is definitely worth it, even with my 4 door automatic.

I'll add that changing the gearing out to 5.13 with the 37" and adding the UniChip (fixes an issue with the auto tranny plus adds some more ponies) plus the Scangauge II (for monitoring) and the speedometer calibration tool (adjusted the computer by default) for different gears and tires has made my JK come to life.

I do not regret my purchase. Although is it really 7k now? Damn!

I plan on pulling little trailer behind mine. I haven't read any of the warnings but I can't imagine if you are still under designed capacity you should have any problems. I'll let you know.

· Broker by the Minute
1,361 Posts
Ok it's still at the sale price of 4995! ;)

I do recommend the UniChip for your automatic tranny. The 6 spd doesn't have an issue but the auto gets confused when you are hard on the skinny pedal.

The ScanGauge is nice but not a requirement.

The speedo tool helps your computer shift at the right moments.

Regearing for your tires helps too.

Regearing was 1k from Mel at Off Road Evolution in Fullerton Ca, everything else is on the Hesco site or available from vendors such as RJR Offroad.

So the 6k you are thinking should get you 100% complete and out the door.

I'm not entirely sure how much the trailer weighs in at just yet. I'll know more once it's done.

FWIW, I'm getting about 16mpg with 37" tires, around town. And that's without babying it. Not stomping but not babying.

· Broker by the Minute
1,361 Posts
It would be tight would be my guess.

I'm also running the UniChip and that plugs in to the ECM right below the sPod. But I don't think that would be a fit issue there.

How far over and up is the sPod box in relation to the ECM ports? Maybe some measuring and I can give you a better answer.

· Broker by the Minute
1,361 Posts
I got some dyno numbers when my JK was stock. I also got some numbers after a CAI and then after a muffler. I haven't yet ponied up the 50 bucks to go get yet another dyno. However if you guys want to send me the 50, I'll get it done. :devil:

Just kidding. I will send an email off to Jon at Hesco and see if he will post up the dyno numbers he got.

I will tell you this, the butt dyno is really, really happy. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.