JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Huh. I must have missed that warning on the trailers.... that is one of the biggest reasons I got mine. I have had it installed now since June and have put over 13,000 supercharged miles on my Rubicon since then... and a number of those miles pulling my 5x0 trailer with construction materials, furniture, junk ,and whatever. (27,000+ total miles in 12 months on 10/31/07)

I had mine installed (#3 kit) by Hesco in Birmingham. Why? Mainly because it takes me forever to do major projects and I wanted to drive my Jeep, not have a driveway queen waiting on me to finish the last bolt. Plus at the time, the Unichip was a hardwired unit and I figured if it wasn't installed correctly my engine was toast.

So, would I do it again? You betcha! This thing is a blast! And the more weight in steel I add the more glad I am that I have it.

You'll be glad you got one.

The biggest thing to watch for is PREMIUM FUEL ONLY.... and the quality of fuel at that. I bought fuel twice in Kansas and both times had a check engine light after burning 3/4 tank of it. And only Kansas at that. Makes me wonder what % of the fuel was ethanol....

· Registered
327 Posts
And can you like go in lakes and stuff with the supercharger and stuff? Even if you have a snorkle?
Water in engine (cylinders) = bad things happen.

Water on outside of engine = Clean off Engine Block
Water on inside of engine (cylinders) = Clean Out Pockets Eventually

I don't see that there would be any problem as long as the "water on outside of engine" rule is held true. And if the belt slips due to water on the pulley, nothing bad happens, just less boost while the belt is slipping...... unless, of course, the belt slips off, then I hope you are carrying a spare.

· Registered
327 Posts
Looking at your picture of where you have your relay box, the supercharger should not interfere. I don't know where Michael located his UniChip, but mine is sandwiched (hidden) behind the plastic splash shield along the inner fender between the computer and the anti lock brake distribution octopus (whatever it is officially called).

I would think that as long as the relay box does not extend much beyond the inner edge of the computer there will be no interference, so you should be good to go.

BTW that is a nice box installation. I have a blastard relay mount over on the other side. Looks amateurish (it is!). I think I'll look into getting one of the SPOD relay boxes just to cleanup the wire mess I have over by the (in the) area where the AEM air filter is.

Also, you won't regret the supercharger. It'll be a lot lighter on your wallet than the hemi swap, plus it'll be a lot more useable. No axle upgrades required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.