JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered my bumper from them last friday... had to call them and speak to someone on the phone because the website wouldn't work properly... So, the guy says he told me he didnt have it in stock and had to make it, but i swear i never heard him say that, anyhow... he it is almost a week later, and the bumper still has not been shipped. I am not happy with the customer service there at all....
I will say, IMO, next to the poison spider lite bumper, it is the best looking bumper on the market. but now it looks like my money will go to the Poison Spider.... and some others in my jeep club, with JKs, were waiting to see mine before they ordered theirs...

Good luck to anyone else trying to buy this bumper

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
You will find that to be the case with many, many fabrication companies.

If that is the bumper you like then give them some time. There are people who have waited a month or more for bumpers from names we see day in and day out.

It is the nature of the beast...if it's made in the USA and has options that need to be welded on you're going to have to give them some time. Instant gratification will get you a tack welded, thrown in a box and shipped over seas in mass quantities bumper.

Give them some time...you're going to wait a few days no matter what you buy if it's custom.

Marcus

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My Brawler Lite was on my doorstep six days after I ordered from Jason at Krawl, despite it being the day before Thanksgiving when I ordered.

Marcus is right, though. I got lucky. For the quality American product you need to be patient.

Now you not liking the way they handle you could be a different story.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I pretty much agree with Marcus. I ordered the front BFH directly from Poison Spyder early in the week and had it almost two weeks later. I was pretty damn happy about that! Considering it took 8 weeks to get my original LOD bumpers!!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I think you should order a bumper from ShrockWorks and report back to us. j/k

Something to point out abnout Poison Spyder. They farm a lot of their component fabrication out which makes things a lot more efficient than doing it all in house. End result is less lead time for delivering the end product. Smaller shops don't have that luxury, and as far as ordering on the web goes, I find it much better to talk directly with a person. It makes the whole process more pleasant and limits the negative type of surprises provided you ask all the right questions.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
You will find that to be the case with many, many fabrication companies.

If that is the bumper you like then give them some time. There are people who have waited a month or more for bumpers from names we see day in and day out.

It is the nature of the beast...if it's made in the USA and has options that need to be welded on you're going to have to give them some time. Instant gratification will get you a tack welded, thrown in a box and shipped over seas in mass quantities bumper.

Give them some time...you're going to wait a few days no matter what you buy if it's custom.

Marcus
I waited 4 months for my rear-bumper. What a long time, but worth it for the quality.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, it was the shaffers bumper, i liked the way it looked... next to the poison spyder, its the best looking bumper on the market...

I wouldnt mind a 2 week wait if i was told it was two weeks ... but i was led to believe it would be to me in a week

·
V8 dreams
3,568 Posts
yea, it was the shaffers bumper, i liked the way it looked... next to the poison spyder, its the best looking bumper on the market...

I wouldnt mind a 2 week wait if i was told it was two weeks ... but i was led to believe it would be to me in a week
i understand. sweet looking bumper though. if i didn't have the psc already, the one in their thread with the stinger would be on my rig. just something about them i love. hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

and you might wana move this to dirty laundry

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
So i ordered my bumper from them last friday... had to call them and speak to someone on the phone because the website wouldn't work properly... So, the guy says he told me he didnt have it in stock and had to make it, but i swear i never heard him say that, anyhow... he it is almost a week later, and the bumper still has not been shipped. I am not happy with the customer service there at all....
I will say, IMO, next to the poison spider lite bumper, it is the best looking bumper on the market. but now it looks like my money will go to the Poison Spider.... and some others in my jeep club, with JKs, were waiting to see mine before they ordered theirs...

Good luck to anyone else trying to buy this bumper
You waited one week and posted this up..

I have waited over a month for a mass produced item selling through a national seller.

This is the Jeep JK world.. it is a niche market occupied by mostly small shops who can't afford to front material and labor to stock lots of product.. if you happen to order in between "runs" you are gonna have to wait. Other shops are "Build To Order" meaning they don't make it until you order it and that is certainly gonna take some time. Other larger shops like Poly and PSC, but still small comparatively speaking when you think of the "Go Fast" market like muscle cars and ricers.. are able to stock up enough items to supply vendors and direct customers. But even they at times get caught on short supply and can take weeks if not longer to get a product back in stock.

The availability of JK parts now is insanely better than it was in say 08, 09 when you were lucky to get a bumper inside of a month from a made in USA shop.. Hell, I remember people waiting weeks or more for Rugged Ridge & Smitty bumpers to arrive off the slow boat from China.

If you want it "NOW" you had better order it from someone over the phone and ask them to go put their hands on it while they are on the phone with you and ask them while they are it to slap a shipping label on it... and even then its gonna take more than a week to get to you.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don’t know if you should flame them for a week. I understand you don’t recall him stating he has to make it but he may have or he may have thought he did and didn’t either way, most companies like that have their shit made to order. When I ordered my Or Fab carrier I was told it is made to order and drop shipped by OR Fab with no for sure ship date but the vendor said it is typically taking OR Fab a week. I waited that week and it got shipped.

Patience is a virtue. You will get your bumper.:beer:

-Dan

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
If you want it "NOW" you had better order it from someone over the phone .
That is what he said he did.

There has been a couple of these quick dirty laundry posts lately. Interstingly, others come on an say, "wtf - be patient," "wtf - he is a good guy, "wtf - etc..."

I say, vendors should straighten their own crap out and deliver as promised, or they should be the ones to call when they miss their soft date. If you can't make one bumper in a week - you shouldn't be advertising bumpers for sale, and for sure you shouldn't be taking money up-front.

If I want a bumper, and I scraped together the cash, and the vendor said he could deliver in a week, then wtf - I want it in a week.

This isn't just a HerecticFab issue - it is becoming a way of doing business.

Out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understand that, but when he told me it should be to me by friday or monday, I assumed it meant it was built.... I assumed this was not a small shop due to the fact that other websites sell that bumper too.
but either way, i cancelled the order....

I work in a Dealership...a Dodge dealership, and we deal with backorders all the time, but we are told ahead of time. Granted, waiting is not a strong suit of mine... when i get my mind made up to buy something like this, i want it right then and there... not to mention the hours spent each night lokng at pictures, reading reviews, and just plain gawking at other jeeps...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Often the time you wait on something is directly proportional to the time it will last. I figure my Shrockwork stuff will last forever!

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I wouldn't even expect a bumper to be delivered in under a week, let alone hand-made.

Did you try to call them and find out its status or did you just expect them to contact you?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
HA! Took me 6 months to get my Shrockworks front stubby!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts