JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Back at it again. Metalcloak trac bar on The UD60. (Ultimate Dana 60). As you can see this combo may not work but have a JKS trac bar to try as well.

Everything else going together very well. All the Metalcloak parts are very well made.

I will have to get you some pics but I'm going to run the lower front control arms switched around (the jam nut forward) to protect the nuts a little more. Talked to Metalcloak about it and they said it would be ok.

Attachments

sorry maybe i missed it, but you said steering issues and it looks like your drag link is stock? Since you already have it all apart, go ahead and do a drag link flip and that shoudl alleviate at least some steering issues. Just order the drag link from a RHD jeep over the internet, i'v found some for $75 and as low as 45 from iffy companies though.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Back at it. Had to raise the axle bracket 2 inches and 1/2 an inch to the left to get the metalcloack trac bar to work. Was worth it though as now I have maximized my up travel.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #24 ·
sorry maybe i missed it, but you said steering issues and it looks like your drag link is stock? Since you already have it all apart, go ahead and do a drag link flip and that shoudl alleviate at least some steering issues. Just order the drag link from a RHD jeep over the internet, i'v found some for $75 and as low as 45 from iffy companies though.
As I want to maximize wheel travel I am going to leave the under slung drag link to get maximum up travel.

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
We are gaining. First time off the lift since we started this project. All the work is starting to pay off. Lots of flex - all the mock ups have been worth it.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Looks nice. Did you use the stock frame side c/a brackets? Any driveshafts issues? Did the lift end up at 3 1/2"?
The rear control arm frame side mounts are stock and the fronts are modified jks brackets.

The drivelines are both custom built with 1330 cv's at transfer case and 1350 u joints at the other. I had to cut off and rotate the rear spring perches to get the rear driveline angles correct. The front shaft lines up very well with 5 degres of caster at the front knuckles. I will measure the offset from knuckles to driveline just for kicks but they have it about spot on. All seems good throughout the suspension articulation so far.

I will have to do some measuring to find out where the lift ended up. I bought the jeep with a lift already on it so I'm not real sure what is stock. Because the axles tubes are so much bigger that has also raised the overall height. The Teraflex lift I took off was supposed to be in that 4-5 range and it seems very close to that.

Discussion starter · #28 · (Edited)
Where Yukon meets Dana.

The Yukon hubs went on really well without issue and seem to be really well made. I especially like the difference in the cap or outer part - way more strength in the Yukon. Steel vs Cast alloy.

Where Yukon meets Dana.

The Yukon hubs went on really well without issue and seem to be really well made. I especially like the difference in the cap or outer part - way more strength in the Yukon. Steel vs Cast alloy.
Do you have a part number on those by any chance?

Also was there any difference in how far one sticks out vs the other?

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Do you have a part number on those by any chance?

Also was there any difference in how far one sticks out vs the other?
Yukon YHC 70001 is the part number.

The Warn hub protrudes out an inch and seven thirty seconds while the Yukon is only half an inch.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I know I'm using old eyes, but in your picture of the hub, the wheel studs look..........odd.

5* castor, interested to hear what your final lift height is.

Kevin
The studs do look odd. - Just something goofy when I resized the picture.

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)
The other woman is so close.

AKA, by my wife as "what where you thinking" and "where have you been"

List so far-

Ultimate Dana 60's.
Local shop - custom drive lines 1350 / 1330.
MC control arms.
MC 6 pak shocks.
MC track bars front and rear.
Synergy tie rod.
Synergy drag link.
MC springs - 3.5.
Relocated sway bars.
Front sway bar arms shortened.
Poison spider evap relocate.
MBRP exhaust.
Centramatic wheel balancers.
AGR steering - hydraulic assist.
Yukon hardcore locking hubs.
Cheap steel wheels - pro comp.
Superchips tuner to adjust all the things that need it.
JKS front control arm brackets.
Poison spider HD cross member.
Modified Teraflex bump stops.
PSC tranny cooler.
PSC steering cooler.
PWM Fan controller.
Truck Lite lights and anti-flicker modules.
Sway bar disconnect flip.
Many tools added to the collection.
Many hours of cutting, welding, grinding, head scratching and random cussing
Measure adjust cut and grind - measure cut adjust and grind - measure cut grind adjust ..........

Still to do -
Brake lines going up control arms
ABS wiring clean up
Wire up eaton elockers
Bumper
lights
Hydraulic steer cylinder mounting
Finish on board air system
Home made sliders
and whatever else I dream up.
TBC.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I have been out testing and playing on the county roads and will say the ride is very good. Quite a bit better than the previous setup. I expected it to be somewhat better but not that much. Washboard roads that used to make it walk all over now almost feel somewhat melted if that makes sense. Still checking bolts and clearances etc before any big trips but overall very happy with the result. If anybody has any question about what fits together etc or doesn't just let me know. Happy to answer any questions.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Did you use the recommended brake cables? If so do you have any pics?
I just used the existing cables, rerouted them and made some spacers to get the adjustment correct. I am out of town but will get you some pics when I get back.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Finally we are on the road. So far impressed with all. Had it on the alignment rack yesterday and the tape measure treated me well. Caster is 4.2 on DS and 4.3 on PS.
Drivelines seem right on.
Just added some poison spyder 4-Dr Rocker Knockers - Frame Mounted.

I will be the first to admit that I not a great writer but if you have any questions just let me know

Thanks

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.