JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I know someone who's had the interior of their JK Line-X'd. I tried Herculiner once, didn't last very long, kind of just wore away. I've had better luck with the Duplicolor bedliner product.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The Herculiner turned gray and deteriorated quicker than I would have expected.
That's exactly what happened to mine in a truck bed. I've used Duplicolor Bedliner several times, and as long as the surface is prepped well it works very well.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That's exactly what happened to mine in a truck bed. I've used Duplicolor Bedliner several times, and as long as the surface is prepped well it works very well.
For as much time as it takes to line a Jeep tub and do it right, there's no way I'd go with Herculiner. The truck bed I saw it in turned rubbery and soft making it impossible to slide a heavy object across it. And you could take your finger nail and chip pieces off.

A

·
0 Posts
After vacuuming the carpet (that seems to not let go of dog hairs) a few times I’m starting to think about line-x’ing my tub too. Maybe this will be a winter project when I have the time to do it properly and not rush it.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
After vacuuming the carpet (that seems to not let go of dog hairs) a few times I’m starting to think about line-x’ing my tub too. Maybe this will be a winter project when I have the time to do it properly and not rush it.
I've already decided that the next time I flood the inside of my Jeep, the carpet is coming out. It's a real pain drying it all out, and Line X would be so much more practical.

A

·
0 Posts
I’ve already got a decent compressor and paint guns are cheap. Is there anything complicated to applying Line-X?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I’ve already got a decent compressor and paint guns are cheap. Is there anything complicated to applying Line-X?
I don;t believe you can buy it by the gallon, and it is sprayed on hot, so special equipment is needed anyway.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
yah, as Phil said, you won't be able to do the hot stuff. Which I imaginbe is the best and most durable way to go.

I saw this sometime ago Alec, not that much info but shows the process:
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_exterior/article/0,,DIY_13687_3036754,00.html

In my XJ, I considered doing the diy spray on liner but could not really find anything that suggested it was better then the roll on stuff. I ended up just using the Dupont roll on stuff and was pretty happy with it. It did wear down in spots and a heavy item drgged sometimes scrapes it. It was not as durable as I had hoped but they make a aresol spray can liner so I just kept one of those around and touched it up when needed. I felt it was the same or better quality as herculiner.

On the fence to spend a few hundred for line-x, couple hundred for spray diy or less then a hundred for roll on...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
On the fence to spend a few hundred for line-x, couple hundred for spray diy or less then a hundred for roll on...
If the money is not a problem, getting it Line-Xed is the way to go. Strip everything out of the interior except for the driver's seat and take it to a shop that does it. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to be keeping my Jeep for a while, or I would have done that already. It's good stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts