JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oshkosh doesn't have anything that directly competes for the market that these are aimed for. The JLTV is much larger and heavier, and the only other thing that is similar is the Humvee recap. I hope that Hendricks can work a deal with the SOF, it would be cool to have Jeeps back in the Army.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Looking at this pics, do you think they gave the military some just to test out in theatre?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I don't think Oshkosh Truck is loosing sleep over this...............
Made me laugh.... agreed I think it's safe
Oshkosh doesn't have anything that directly competes for the market that these are aimed for. The JLTV is much larger and heavier, and the only other thing that is similar is the Humvee recap. I hope that Hendricks can work a deal with the SOF, it would be cool to have Jeeps back in the Army.
My post was purely for comedic value...............

·
Registered
400 Posts
SOF operators get to test all the new crazy shit :) I knew of a PJ in the Air Force (Part of the 210th ARS) that was testing how they could jump out of C17's with SeaDo's. Crazy shit. Wouldn't shock me to see these in the ORF. They make sense for a QRF team that needs to get into small places/cities. Some of those towns have little ass roads/trails, and I could see where a 2 door JK would be amazing if outfitted well. JMO

·
Premium Member
658 Posts

Humvee recap is no longer active. Going to be tough for these to compete with GMV1.1, Polaris DAGR, ULTV, or even something like the Navistar SOTV. Likely will sell a few to SOF in small numbers.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Israel has been using the JK for years, not sure who else does but Ive seen some unarmored ones last time I was in the neighborhood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts