JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking into finally doing a hemi swap. I own a 2007 jkur and have a complete 2011 grand Cherokee overland 5.7 I am considering parting out. Have done a fair amount of research over the last year, but looking for input from the diy guys. What kit did you use, what do you recommend and am I even along the right path with the gc 5.7 and 545. As of now im between the aev or jss kits. Thanks

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Ask AEV if they still lock their PCMs. If so, then I'd look elsewhere. Piece your kit together using Hotwire Auto for the PCM and harness. Get a 2012+ aftermarket transmission crossmember so you won't need any adapter plates. Try Red Rock Offroad for engine frame brackets.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
Hello, looking into finally doing a hemi swap. I own a 2007 jkur and have a complete 2011 grand Cherokee overland 5.7 I am considering parting out. Have done a fair amount of research over the last year, but looking for input from the diy guys. What kit did you use, what do you recommend and am I even along the right path with the gc 5.7 and 545. As of now im between the aev or jss kits. Thanks
hemi swaps have been done by @jss for quite some time. They've been on this forum for a good while. I recall many carb compliant conversion posts & reaching out to them might be very prudent if they have time to respond. That's the direction I'd go were I fortunate enough to have a hemi & trans to plop into my '11.

whatever tf you do , please please post image links here!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask AEV if they still lock their PCMs. If so, then I'd look elsewhere. Piece your kit together using Hotwire Auto for the PCM and harness. Get a 2012+ aftermarket transmission crossmember so you won't need any adapter plates. Try Red Rock Offroad for engine frame brackets.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the information on the aev kit. I do remember reading about that but completely forgot. Have looked into hotwire in the past and like what they have to offer. Was hoping to buy everything from one source to hopefully minimize issues and finger pointing if there are problems. My only concern mechanically is the transfer case. Cannot find much info specifically what t case they adapt to. They all just say t case adapter but do not specify what t case. Ill get into contact with red rock and see what they have to offer.
hemi swaps have been done by @jss for quite some time. They've been on this forum for a good while. I recall many carb compliant conversion posts & reaching out to them might be very prudent if they have time to respond. That's the direction I'd go were I fortunate enough to have a hemi & trans to plop into my '11.

whatever tf you do , please please post image links here!
Will do. my hold up at the moment is deciding to part the gc or sell outright and buy a boneyard hemi/trans. Theres tons of concerns on my end here, as though i hate the gc and it does have electrical issues (auto 4wd), parting out a running driving vehicle could end up being a larger loss than just selling outright. Weighing my options here, as i have not parted a complete vehicle before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for the information on the aev kit. I do remember reading about that but completely forgot. Have looked into hotwire in the past and like what they have to offer. Was hoping to buy everything from one source to hopefully minimize issues and finger pointing if there are problems. My only concern mechanically is the transfer case. Cannot find much info specifically what t case they adapt to. They all just say t case adapter but do not specify what t case. Ill get into contact with red rock and see what they have to offer.

Will do. my hold up at the moment is deciding to part the gc or sell outright and buy a boneyard hemi/trans. Theres tons of concerns on my end here, as though i hate the gc and it does have electrical issues (auto 4wd), parting out a running driving vehicle could end up being a larger loss than just selling outright. Weighing my options here, as i have not parted a complete vehicle before.
I don't know the condition of your GC engine but if it's solid I would use that rather than taking a chance on a boneyard engine, as for the transfer case your existing JK unit is all you need and will bolt up to your 545 with the 12-18 crossmember like Rockystock mentioned.
I have heard good things about AEV but they are the most expensive as well. I pieced my parts together, I used JSS for the bolt in motor mounts, exhaust, and some misc. parts, and Hotwire for the harness and computer. Chris at Hotwire is great and I think most swap kits use his harness. Jeff at JSS is very knowledgeable but difficult to get a hold of.
There is a lot of information on this and other forums so spend some time and do some research. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.