JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice I just don’t want to throw money at parts I don’t need. Have an 07 jk did a hemi swap no problem well not to many problems. Now fan won’t start when up to temp using oem fan as it was stated on another forum would be fine I have thermostat is fine . We can hot wire it to work but honestly I don’t want to drive it like this. Is it something in the wire harness? I saw a post about a non-vvt hemi swap will not operate an electric fan but would this matter after a reprogrammed computer? So looking for some experience jeepers because this girl wants her Jeep back on the road for summer !! Tia

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Do you have a swap thread or something? Gonna need probably a lot more info to help, like:

- Where was the swap done?
- When was the swap done?
- Who made the swap kit / harness?
- When was the harness made?
- What year engine is it?
- How is the PCM tuned?
- Which PCM are you using?

Depending on answers to the above, you might be able to do a 2012+ JK 3.6 fan conversion using AEV's kit, but being a 2007 JK your TIPM might not support it (may need a newer TIPM).

Your best bet would be to simply contact the kit manufacturer or installer and see if they can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a dyi swap. Hemi motor out of 06 Jeep commander. Swap done in March 2019 harness made by Hotwire and made in April 2019 pcm out of 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 compatable to motor but definitely will contact Hotwire they have been helpful before

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
It was a dyi swap. Hemi motor out of 06 Jeep commander. Swap done in March 2019 harness made by Hotwire and made in April 2019 pcm out of 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 compatable to motor but definitely will contact Hotwire they have been helpful before
Did you get this resolved? What did you end up doing?

749 Posts
We have a HEMI SWAP specific version of our PWM fan controller now. PWM FAN CONTROLLER

It ties into the HI and LOW CAN BUS wires to read the engine coolant temp and AC pressure directly from the computer. It will then output a signal to a pentastar PWM fan.
Its completely standalone and doesn't require a TIPM to run the fan.

We can also add in extra inputs for fan override controls. IE: AC compressor turn on or a overside switch etc...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I need advice I just don’t want to throw money at parts I don’t need. Have an 07 jk did a hemi swap no problem well not to many problems. Now fan won’t start when up to temp using oem fan as it was stated on another forum would be fine I have thermostat is fine . We can hot wire it to work but honestly I don’t want to drive it like this. Is it something in the wire harness? I saw a post about a non-vvt hemi swap will not operate an electric fan but would this matter after a reprogrammed computer? So looking for some experience jeepers because this girl wants her Jeep back on the road for summer !! Tia
I would look into running a Camaro fan 2016 17 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 6.2 CHEVY COOLING FAN ASSEMBLY OEM 23332215

You also need to run the 203 Thermostat form Dodge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts