JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, let the project begin... I have started my own "home/shop" HEMI swap into my 2007 Sahara Unlimited. I am dropping in a 2008 5.7L HEMI from a 1500 Dodge Ram. Gerry at Screamin Lizard Customs is my "Project Leader" along with him providing parts from AEV. Here are a few pictures and more at: www.BenHedrick.com (click: HEMI Swap Page)

So far myself and my Crew Chief Buffalo have spent about a day and half to get to this stage. We are taking it slowly as this is my first engine swap. The 3.8L and Trans has been completely removed and we will be cutting out the motor mounts and installing the new ones hopefully next week. All so far is moving along smoothly... Stay tuned and check my website for more pics.

Ben

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice !!! a real Jeepers way of doin a swap !!!! DIY !!!! :beer::beer: and prol end up saving your self 10K

·
Registered
378 Posts
Glad to see you're well on your way with the project! What's your target date for having it completed? I want you to bring it to Hard Rock on April 4-5 so I can drool on it a little. hahahaha

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to see you're well on your way with the project! What's your target date for having it completed? I want you to bring it to Hard Rock on April 4-5 so I can drool on it a little. hahahaha
Jason,
Yes, it better be done by then. I hope it's done within the next week or so... I will be at the shop this afternoon to cut the existing motor mounts out. Then I can start cleaning up the engine compartment.
And even though it will have a Hemi at Hard Rock, it still have stock axles...:laughing:

Ben

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
dude, that is going to be sweet.:beer:

I had a 04 hemi and that thing ticked like crazy (lifter clatter after 37K), but i think that was after some hard abuse on with a superchips programmer or it could of been low on oil. I didn't keep the vehicle long enough to find out. This was commonly talked about on some dodge forums.

With the 08 engine you're getting that MDS, so that should help with the MPG... I'm curious what type of MPG will you get. Also, just curious how it will work with the computer and also wonder if you will get the dead peddle(lag) when stomping on it.

can't wait to see more pics!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
What are the constraints in using a Ram 1500 engine specifically? I have a line on 5.7's, but they come from Rams.. is there a cost issue? Any clarification would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you ever decide you don't need that boat for a weekend... let me know!
/hijack

Seriously though - just awesome.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.