JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys,

I have a buddy who just inherited a white TJ bone stock and he is looking to do a simple wheel/tire/lift setup and asked me for help. From this board I've learned a great deal of information for the JK but still don't know to much about the TJ's as I've never played with them. So for lift what do you guys recommend? Looking at the Teraflex or Rubicon Express puck lifts for the price range he gave me, I know their not much different but have you guys had any experience with either kit? What size tire will it clear stock vs. with the puck lift on? Thanks for the help:)

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
With a TJ, from my experience in ownership, a 4" lift will fit 33's nicely. A puck lift will allow for 31's without worry. You could probably squeeze 33's on the puck lift, but would probably rub when flexed. Weird, so used to the JK now that the idea of 33's being too big seems foreign. :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have put a 3inch zone and a 4 inch zone on 2 different TJ's.

They are both good lifts for the money. The owners of both jeeps are very pleased with the results as they use them for mild offroading and street diving.

The Jeep with the 4 inch lift is running 33's and the jeep with the 3 inch lift is running 32's.

One is a 2004 jeep TJ the other is a 1998 TJ.

If you do decide on a zone lift I recommend an adjustable trackbar.

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=21&gr=-1

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've had a tj with a 4in super lift and 35s... I personally think that was an awesome combo... and the wheel gap is just about perfect

Sent from the drag strip!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't believe we will be going with anything over a 2in puck lift. The TJ will be wheeled very lightly and will mainly be used on their family farm. His game plan is to get wheels/tires and then in a few months pick up the lift. Thank you guys for the replies

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I really don't believe we will be going with anything over a 2in puck lift. The TJ will be wheeled very lightly and will mainly be used on their family farm. His game plan is to get wheels/tires and then in a few months pick up the lift. Thank you guys for the replies
If he isn't going to wheel much, just get a good 31" tire and some steelies and be done with it. Trying to squeeze 33's is going to open up a can of worms you don't want to deal with.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Had a TJ with a 2"puck lift and 33's. It worked pretty well, rubbed a little at full stuff but nothing to really worry about. For a mild wheeler I don't think you can beat the looks of the 2" with 33's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts