JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow what a weekend of wheeling. Well needless to say clutch is gone and jeep wont move.

Anyone have any idea where i can get a nice heavy duty clutch for 08 wrangler or at least a replacement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man did it go!!!!!!! hahahahha

I wish I had pictures but I was the only one to make it out of the biggest mud hole in the badlands.

I went in, water over the hood made it out, friend went in, didnt make it, pulled him out, clutch shot.

I believe i just burnt it up but oh well. Now i can just get a replacement or upgrade to a heavy duty one.

Ill post a pic of the mud hole when my friend was stuck in it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!! 550 dollars to fix the clutch. I hope thats all that was broken.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
well looks as if Mud equals carnage. I've seen so much damage in mud through all of the sites. Mostly because you cannot see in the mud to find the rocks, logs, etc...

Edit: Also recall all my damage in the 4x4 racing bikes was in the mud. I broke A arms mostly because there was always some treasure sitting deep waiting to pounce. Since here in NE we have mostly water and mud I'm thinking as much skids as I can fit the better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would see if you have a local clutch builder/rebuilder. I bought a half ceramic half kevlar clutch for my TJ for $190. That included the pressure plate and through out bearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts