JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day all,

i jsut got my or fab carrier here and i installed it last night.... apart from being a complete pain in the ass to do (between me and a mate it took us close to 5 hours) it seems to be a good carrier.......

just wondering though, is the lock bar that sits above the "T" handle that comes through the wheel needed? if i use it then the wheel doesnt sit centre, and jsut basically looks crap on the back... ive got the AEV beadlocked pintler wheels.....

any ideas?

cheers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You only need it if you are putting a lock on there....to deter thefts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
You only need it if you are putting a lock on there....to deter thefts
And to hold the wheel and tire before you lock it down. It would be a bitch to hold a 35 or larger wheel/ tire and thread the t bar on otherwise

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it makes it hard with a 37 on those wheels...... i might have another crack at it tonight..... it was 1am when we finished and we had a few beers under our belts.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
And to hold the wheel and tire before you lock it down. It would be a bitch to hold a 35 or larger wheel/ tire and thread the t bar on otherwise
Yeah, didn't even think about that. I tried without and it was damn near impossible with just one person. Good thing I was in the closed confines of my garage, lol...nobody saw my struggles.

·
Registered
997 Posts
g'day all,

i jsut got my or fab carrier here and i installed it last night.... apart from being a complete pain in the ass to do (between me and a mate it took us close to 5 hours) it seems to be a good carrier.......

just wondering though, is the lock bar that sits above the "T" handle that comes through the wheel needed? if i use it then the wheel doesnt sit centre, and jsut basically looks crap on the back... ive got the AEV beadlocked pintler wheels.....

any ideas?

cheers.
you didn't happen to install the lock bar backwards did you? The end angled down is supposed to be facing out. I installed mine reverse and quickly found it wasn't right.

-Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, na its installed the right way... jsut email or fab and they got back to me asking to send pics..... very happy with tehir response time so far....

as for the tire..... ive realised that i could still move the tire up a touch which has amost centered it .... i think it'll be fine now,........ jsut gotta install a reversing camera, the 37 seems to take up most of my back window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts