JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some insight on my current setup, recent with 40's and I'm not liking the clearance. What's everyone thoughts?

Current Modifications:

4.5" lift
Yukon 5.13 gears
Adama 1350 front and rear
PSC hydro assist
Trussed front & rear
Sleeved
RCV front
Yukon chromoly axle shafts rear
Anti-rock
Reid high steer knuckles
Dynatrac ball joints
Dynatrac big break kit
Yeti track bar & drag link
Beadlocks
Poison spyder front & rear bumpers
Poison Spyder aluminum fenders
Spod
ARB twin air compressor

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well cut the body away..that and it sure doesn't look like a 4.5" lift.
With stock axles and some parts they still won't last in the rocks for long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stock axles will not last with 40s. 14 bolt rear and D60 up front and you can have tons of fun on 40s. Stuff the tires and mark the contact points, then cut away. Access to a forklift is helpful for the Tire stuff. If not, then access to a 2 post lift will work if you can ratchet strap the axle on one side to full compression then lift in the air. Best to only do one axle at a time in case strap breaks.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
You wasted a bunch of money in the factory axles. That should be the first place you start. 40's need full width ton's, sorry if you don't want to spend the money on tons, but that is what you need. You also need lots of trimming or you will need to be 6"+ in lift height with lots of bump stop. Going that high on factory axles and you are basiclly F'ed in the steering department and will have little suspension travel due to driveshaft bind up front. Your drive shafts should be 1410 joints not 1350. You should have 5.38 gears. Your best bet would be to drop down to a 37"x12.5" tire.
I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts